3. This is Berk

Berk was an island of kill or be killed, that was something Sigrid learned very early on. Ever since she was a wee lass, sentenced to a future of doom in a place that wasn't her home, she had become resentfull. 

Her axe was her most trusty weapon, having preferred them ever since she was strong enough to lift one. For years she trained everyday, punching trees and scaring wildlife as she let out her anger. Until one day her father - Stoick the Vast - decided that the time was right for her to start dragon training, a decision he was sure of and never regretted. 

Flames licked the wooden roofs of many Berkian's homes, crackling with heat as it spread. They'd surely have to be replaced, but that wasn't anything new to the Hooligans. The vikings were stubborn, and they would never back down from a fight, no matter the costs. 

Sigrid ran through the burning path, freshly sharpened axe in hand as she watched the flying reptiles like a hawk. Her father trusted her to keep their people safe, and the nineteen year old girl didn't need to be told twice. 

Down the road, she spotted the small skinny bundle of fur overcoat and raggedy brown hair running up the hills. Sigrid sighed, what was he doing out here?

The running boy was halted by the spews of a determined Gronckle, as Sigrid sprint towards it as fast as she could. Her slitted fur skirt blew in the wind as she slid down the path at high speed. Hauling her axe, she aimed with confidence and threw it, landing the sharp metal in front of the dragon's head. 

The Gronckle flinched, flying up in surprise. Figuring he preferred the cabbages and rocks compared to the raging viking, and fled.  

Sigrid hauled up to the boy, grabbing him by his green shirt collar and pulling him off the ground.

"What are you doing here? Get back inside!" She yelled as she pushed him further down the path, urging him to run as fast as he could. 

Hunched over, she was ready to fight any dragon that might want to take a bite of her brother. 

Hiccup uttered a small thanks to his sister before continuing on his path towards the smithery. Sigrid could only pray that he would listen, but he never did.

"Sigrid!" Sven came running from the distance. "Deadly Nadders, on the herd!"

"I'm on it!" Sigrid yelled as she took up the pace.

Her steps were heavy as she darted with purpose towards the struggling, watching as her father stepped forward to throw the heavy net on the reptiles, trapping them to the ground. 

But any dragon hunter knew that it wouldn't be that easy, as the Nadder's heads rose, spewing deadly rays of fire from their hellish mouths. Stoick jumped towards the heaviest spitter, clamping its mouth shut as he wrestled it to the ground. 

"Mind yourselves, these devils still got some juice in them!" He warned, eyes locked on the Nadder underneath him as it struggled to free itself from his dangerous grasp. 

"Watch out!" Sigrid shrieked as another Nadder rose up, ready to defend its herd member, only to be tackled to the ground.

"Hold them down, Sigrid." Her father encouraged her, and the viking used all her strength to hold the wriggling death to the ground. 

The Nadders seemed to be giving up, slowly stopping their struggled movements as they laid defeated on the ground, still held down by the net. It seemed they were all out of fuel, and Sigrid was delighted. They would make fine training material for the new recruits, once they start their training.

"AAAAH!" 

The screeching from the distance alarmed the Vikings, as it sounded awfully familiar. Looking up from the herd of Nadders, Sigrid felt her heart drop as she witnessed her little brother sprint away as fast as he could - with a Monstrous Nightmare on his tail. At the sight, Stoick let out a sigh of disappointment.