37. Mother Sigrid Rescuing Her Children... Again

"Sigrid, get up!" Ruffnut came into her hut, hollering at the top of her lungs. "It's an emergency!"

The woman shot up, her axe to her chest as she was about to throw it at the intruder, before spotting Ruffnut throwing her brother into her hut.

"What is it? Hunters?" Sigrid yelled as she jumped out of bed, eyes wide as her heart raced.

Electrode growled at her side, lightning twitching over his wings. He was ready for a fight. But there seemed to be no hunters, or any threat whatsoever. Just a very sad looking Tuffnut, with a broken mace.

Sigrid raised her brow in disbelief. "You woke me up...for this?"

"You've gotta fix her, Sigrid!" Tuffnut cried. "I can't live without my Macey!"

Sigrid rolled her eyes as she set her axe back besides her bed.

"Tuff, it is literally midnight, go back to bed."

The twins whined, eyes drooping as their mouth curved downwards in a frown. Whilst Ruffnut just looked disappointed, Tuffnut looked distraught.

"Please, Sigrid, please." Ruffnut pleaded this time. "You have to fix Macey, I can't deal with him like this."

Sigrid crossed her arms.

"That's not my problem." She huffed. "If you want me to fix Macey, you can ask me again in the morning."

"But-"

"And that's final!"

Leaving with their heads hung low, the twins decided to ask the other Haddock. Finally, Sigrid was left alone. Looking up at the ceiling, Sigrid sighed before getting back in bed. Electrode circled the foot of her bed with gentle pats, before finding his comfy spot.

But, of course, the twins didn't listen to her. And instead of asking the older woman for her help, they had both disappeared. At least, now she didn't have to deal with them, leaving her father with that dirty work instead.

"Finally we're getting somewhere." Hiccup sighed in relief as they got a step closer to being able to break the dragon proof chain.

They'd been training for it all week, but they had still yet to find the right combination. Sadly, Electrode wasn't much help in this matter, so he was allowed to step aside, which he didn't mind at all.

"Yeah, with Ruff and Tuff and their twintuition on Berk, it's much easier to make progress." Fishlegs agreed.

Snotlout laughed as he walked up besides him.

"They went to Berk?" He cackled. "Those dummies. When I saw 'em, they were going north, the exact opposite direction. So, unless the world is round, they're never gonna make it."

"Oh, for the love of-" Sigrid started to curse.

Hiccup had the same realisation. "They're gonna get themselves killed."

Like two idiots, the twins hadn't gone off to Berk. No, they'd gone to the Northern Markets, the one place they had to avoid most right now. It was filled with dragon hunters.

Sigrid and the other Riders had jumped on their dragons' backs immediately, in search for the Thorston twins. But so far, they had nothing to go off of, until Sigrid pulled the iron mason out of his stand. If her theory was right, they would've visited the smith, in hopes of fixing Macey, and since they weren't there anymore, he must've known where they'd gone to.

"Twins? What twins?" The iron mason tried to play coy as he was thrown on the ground, interrogated by a group of very angry Vikings.

Sigrid raised her brow, her nostrils flaring.