24. Viggo's Threat 2/2

"I don't even want to think about what they are going to do to her, and those dragons." Astrid shivered.

They'd all come together on Viggo's abandoned ship, feeling worse than did before. This was the first time they'd truly failed a mission, and put a rider and dragon's life in jeopardy. Sigrid felt cold, and that wasn't because of the weather. 

"We should've just pulled Heather out, Hiccup." Astrid rambled. "I knew something like this was-

"Astrid." Hiccup interrupted. "She wouldn't have come with us."

Her brother was right, she wouldn't have. A true Berserker that one, stubborn as hel

"Could be worse, we could've brought the dragon eye." Tuffnut brought up for no reason, just to be elbowed in the ribs by his twin. "Ow!"

Hiccup raised his brow. "How did you know I didn't bring the dragon eye?" He questioned, as if to insinuate he had in fact brought it.

"...How did I know you didn't bring the dragon eye?" Tuffnut cried out in pain as he was elbowed by Ruffnut, again.

He just didn't get the hint. 

Hiccup gave in. "Okay, you're right, I didn't bring it."

"Thank Thor." Astrid sighed. 

Snotlout huffed. "No kidding, then Viggo would have Heather, Windshear, the Flightmare and the dragon eye."

"Which is still back on Dragon's Edge-" Hiccup concluded with a fearful expression. "-Completely unguarded."

Just as Hiccup had feared, Dragon's Edge had been raided. Wooden pillars thrown about, and most of their huts and stations destroyed. It was clear the hunters had done everything to find the dragon eye, they just hoped they hadn't succeeded. 

"It's gone." Hiccup spoke as he opened the chest. "They got it."

Snotlout was not amused. "Are you sure you put it away after you got it back from the twins?"

Sigrid raised her brow. Oh boy, did those idiots do something they weren't supposed to do, again? No wonder Ruffnut asked her about the dragon eye, she definitely stole it.

"Got it back from the twins?" Hiccup questioned, hearing this from the first time. "What are you talking about?"

Guess Sigrid was going to have to do some scolding, again. Man, she was really starting to feel like a mother. 

"What on earth is on there?" Hiccup gasped in disgust as Tuffnut pulled the dragon eye from a dirty crevice of his and Snotlout's man cave. Gross.

Tuffnut shrugged. 

"Boar rind grease. Don't worry, it'll buff out." He assured, rubbing the item against his sister's overcoat, but it didn't come out any better. "See?- Well, takes a while."

"I can't believe you took this without telling me." Hiccup said as he took the dragon eye with pinched fingers, it really was disgusting to the touch. "You know, all you had to do was ask and you could've used it. It belongs to all of us."

"Yeah, you two! Do you know what could've happened if Viggo got a hold of this?" Snotlout spouted dramatically, which told the older redhead that he was just as involved in this as the twins. 

Ruffnut put her hands on her hips with a sneer. "Seems to me, if I hadn't removed the dragon eye from your masterful hiding place, we'd be having a very different conversation right now."

Sigrid sighed, rubbing her temple as she laid her head in her palm. 

"Ruffnut, you are very lucky that things turned out right for once." She started, getting into mom-mode. "But what you did was inexcusable and wrong. Not only did you take the dragon eye without Hiccup's permission, you also attempted to have me give you the dragon eye, so you'd have an excuse when Hiccup caught you. I am very disappointed, in all three of you."