49. Closure

Dagur was definitely not fine. Sigrid noted with a sad frown that his face had fallen sullen once more, as they landed on Berserker island. Now, he'd have to tell Heather the news, and he was not looking forward to it.

Sigrid wrapped her arms around his, like she's done many times these past two days, and gave him a gentle kiss on his temple.

"Dagur, are you okay?" Hiccup questioned after spotting the Berserker's sinking attitude.

"Huh?" Dagur's gaze lifted from the ground. "Me? Sure, fine, never been better." He walked forward, moving out of his fiancée's grasp. "I mean, how often do you get to tell your sister that the father she has been maniacally looking for is dead. I am just peachy."

"There is something to be said for closure..." Fishlegs suggested with a small peep, before noting the glare Sigrid was sending his way. "Or... maybe not?"

"Chief." The group looked up as Captain Vorg entered the stables, nodding towards his future Chieftess before greeting Dagur.

Dagur chuckled at the name. "I love when they call me that. Ah, never gets old."

"So good to have you back." Vorg spoke in his usual monotone frog-like voice.

"And good to be back." Dagur nodded, speaking in his Chiefly tone. "Where's Heather? I have news for her."

"You didn't hear?" Captain Vorg's statement made Sigrid's eyes widen. "She left with Trader Johann to the Northern markets, apparently he found the man who said Oswald was alive."

Sigrid was the only one to have a verbal reaction, gasping before cussing to the almighty gods - which ended in a scolding from Hiccup - before she jumped on her dragon. Her soon-to-be-sister was being led to a trap, and if they didn't hurry they might be too late to stop her.

"Sigrid, slow down for us!" Hiccup called out as his sister's dragon dashed forward as fast as he could.

But not everyone was as fast as a Skrill.

Dagur huffed, offended by the suggestion. "No! If anything, we need to be faster."

Either his wife would reach his sister quick enough, or he would. Tapping against Sleuther's side, the dragon got the hint as he flew faster than he ever had before. Still not fast enough to keep up with Electrode, but that was physically impossible.

"Uh, guys? Meatlug can only go so fast!" Fishlegs yelled as Hiccup started to speed up as well.

He couldn't let those two fly in head-first on their own, but he also couldn't leave Fishlegs behind. Hiccup groaned, before deciding on a middle-ground pace, not as fast as Sleuther, but not as slow as Meatlug.

Gods, Sigrid, you've really made this more stressful than it needed to be.

It didn't take long for them to land near the Northern Markets.

---

"Are you listening to me? Am I speaking in some foreign tongue, huh?!" Dagur screeched into the merchant's ear, which he'd held hostage as he dangled him in the air. "Tell me where my sister is, or your head will end up on a long pole attached to my ship!"

Yep, she's marrying that. Sigrid looked on in amusement. Was that what she looked like when she went full protective sister mode?

"...I guess he didn't get the part about being discreet." Hiccup mumbled as he took in the sight before him.

"Actually..." Sigrid hummed. "That's pretty discreet for Dagur."

Hiccup shrugged. "That's... actually fair."