30. Confusing Feelings 2/3

"What in the ever loving Frigg is that?!" Sigrid shrieked, as she heard the most atrocious sound coming from outside. 

Electrode cried out as he slumped his head on the floor, holding his paws up to his ears in pain. Sigrid told her dragon to stay behind, and went to investigate, only to find that the sound was - of course - the twins... with Dagur tied up in the middle of the other very angry dragon riders. 

"What in the name of Thor are you guys doing?!" Sigrid yelled at the group, who immediately halted in their previous actions.

Dagur seemed very happy to see her freckled face, and for different reasons, so was Astrid.

"Sigrid! Thank Thor you're here!" She sighed in relief, before pointing an accusing finger at Dagur. "He's saying that you, him, and Hiccup are all buddies now, and he was allowed to be here. I don't believe any of it!"

The others nodded along with Astrid's doubt.

Sigrid sighed as she rubbed her temple. 

"I'm not dealing with this right now, come here." She pulled Dagur's bound arms towards her, untying the not. 

"What's going on?" Fishlegs was very concerned.

"Go question my brother, not me. I refuse to be interrogated by any of you!" Sigrid pointed a finger at each Dragon Rider, before landing on the Thorstons. "And you two, if I ever hear that screeching again, I will mount your heads on my wall." 

"Yes ma'am." The twins saluted.

Sigrid wasn't done yet. 

"And you-" She turned towards Dagur. "What happened?"

"Well, I was riding Shattermaster, I crashed into Hiccup, he broke his fake leg, he went to get a new one on Shattermaster since he couldn't ride Toothless. So, I decided to try riding Toothless again and it kind of went wrong and we fell down and then they found me." Dagur ended his rambling by pointing at the other Dragon Riders, who were still glaring at him.

Sigrid blinked, holding one hand up from her crossed arms. "Hold on, you rode Toothless without my brother's permission, and crashed?"

"...Yes?" Dagur answered shyly.

It was the truth, but he quickly realized she was very angry with him about it.

"Do you realize how dangerous that was?" Sigrid scolded him. "That was so reckless, I can't even speak! Toothless could've gotten hurt, Dagur. You could've gotten hurt. You're not ready to ride a Nightfury!"

Dagur looked down at the ground in shame, rubbing his freed wrists. "I'm sorry, Sigrid."

"I know you're sorry, but you need to realize the severity of your actions. My brother was gracious enough to give you this opportunity and then you don't listen to him, you defy his words, and almost hurt his dragon! That's not nothing, Dagur." She listed off all of the things she'd seen from him, just from today.

At the end of her scolding, she realised she might've been a bit too harsh towards the Berserker, as he looked like he wanted to cry. To be fair, she was worried! He could've gotten really hurt, and she would never be able to forgive herself if he got killed here on the Edge.

"Okay, that was too much, I'm sorry." Sigrid apologized with a sigh. "I'm going to get my brother, he should still be in his hut."

"Not anymore." Hiccup's voice came from behind them, to Sigrid's relief.

Astrid, on the other hand, was ready to give him a piece of her mind. 

---

This was going to be a long day, but Hiccup was finally ready to explain it all. Not like he had much choice. But in the end of his long story of how Dagur saved him and Toothless, it seemed that the group had finally calmed down. Even if they were still on the fence about Hiccup teaching their - previous - mortal enemy to ride a dragon.