47. A Trip to Vanaheim 1/2

Dagur's return was quick, and very unexpected. Sigrid had just been chilling, vibing with Magnus before she spotted Sleuther's swift figure approaching from the distance. But Windshear was nowhere in sight. 

"Dagur!" Sigrid called out to him as she ran up to the landing dock. "Where's Heather? Is there something wrong?"

Dagur took her hand in his, kissing the top of it before assuring her that his sister was fine... for the most part.

"I have to talk to Hiccup, it's urgent. Heather's become obsessed with our dad's diary, and not in a cute way."

Sigrid raised her brow, wondering how being cruelly obsessed with anything could be seen as cute, but then she remembered that by thinking that she was a hypocrite, as she was very much obsessed with her fiancé, and he with her.

"Can I come with you?" She questioned softly, not sure if that's what he wanted.

Dagur smiled, before wrapping an arm around her waist. "Of course you can, why do you think I came back here?"

That seemed fair. Sigrid whistled for her dragon, who had been pacing the mountains of Berserker Island, still too wary of flying down by the ground. But Electrode reacted instantly to his rider's call, speeding to stand by her side as fast as a lightning bolt striking through the air. 

After making sure that Berserker Island would be taken care off in their absence, Dagur and Sigrid soared off towards their destination: Dragon's Edge.

"Has Hiccup visited you at all since I've been gone? Or did he just say that he would to stop me from asking?" Dagur questioned on the way there.

He hadn't seen his beloved in ages, way too long for his taste. 

Sigrid chuckled. "Yes, he did. And no, I'm not just saying that to cover for him. He and Astrid came over for dinner a couple times, it was nice."

"Hiccup and Astrid?" Dagur laughed. "And they said I am overly attached to you."

"Stop bullying my brother, will you?" Sigrid raised her brow with a smirk. "Don't want to waste all your good remarks when he's not even here."

Dagur let out a sigh of relief.

"And here I thought you were actually mad at me, for a second." He smirked. "You're mean, missy."

"Says you." Sigrid gasped. "Giving poor Snotlout an aneurism everytime you almost get his name right."

"I don't know what you're talking about, beloved." Dagur shrugged, feigning innocence. "Snothammer and I have a great relationship."

Sigrid snorted with laughter, before raising her brow at her fiancé, who started laughing with her as soon as his green eyes met her baby blues. Such a menace, and something told her this wouldn't be changing anytime soon. Not that she minded.

The arrival at Dragon's Edge had been quick, as Sigrid spotted the twins, Astrid and Snotlout standing outside the clubhouse, before she and Dagur landed. Snotlout was the first to note the arrival. 

"Dagster!" He called out in excitement, rushing towards Dagur, who did not take to him nearly as well.

Abruptly, Snotlout was slammed into the iron cage by the Berserker Chief.

"You know I hate nicknames, Snothat." Dagur grumbled. 

Sigrid raised her brow. Funny for him to say. 

"Nicknames are for buds, I thought we were buds." Snotlout defended, still behind held up by the forearm pressed dangerously close to his throat. 

Dagur huffed, before reconciling his anger, turning to a much calmer stance. "So...uh, Hiccup around?"