64. A Year Later

Author's Note

Oml guys, we're entering the third movie already, can you believe it? 🥺

Thank you all so much for the love and support for this fanfiction already! Now, let's see through 'till the end. Only six chapters left to go 😭

--- reading starts here ---

"Here comes the dragon, pssssshhhhhhh-" holding up the wooden spoon, Dagur made a ridiculous flying noise as he wiggled it around, slowly lowering it down towards the heightened seat next to him.

Oswald found his father's theatrics hilarious. Spurting out into a fit of giggles, instead of opening his mouth for the food like he was 'supposed' to do. But Dagur wasn't going to give up.

"Come on, Oswald. Open up for daddy." Dagur tried his best to feed the baby, without just throwing the food into his mouth with the risk of him choking on it.

But little Oswald couldn't stop his laughter, like a devil of chaos with a really cute pudgy face. An adorable little lad, with freckled skin, green eyes and a head full of light carrot top hair. He even managed to change Heather's opinion on children, even though she was still adamant on never having any of her own, at least she actually liked one now.

Sigrid watched the interaction with a humored smirk. Oswald wasn't a difficult baby at all, you could just... put the spoon in front of him and he'd eat it. But Dagur found that boring, too boring, so he was determined to get these extravagant feeding ways to succeed, but he'd yet to be victorious.

"Okay, enough." Sigrid giggled, watching Dagur's funny frowning face as he sighed in disappointment at his failure.

Dagur let his wife take the spoon from his hands, rolling his eyes as he dramatically laid his chin in the palm of his hand, leaning against the table.

"Nom, nom?" Sigrid held the spoon in front of Oswald's curious face, and in no time his mouth was open, swallowing the mashed up vegetables.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Dagur grumbled. "I won't let myself be conformed to your boring parenting methods, thank you very much."

Sigrid snorted. "Oh, please. You should take it as a compliment, Oswald thinks you're simply hilarious."

"Of course, he's a part of me!" Dagur grinned. "We understand each other."

"On a philosophical level, I'm sure." Sigrid smirked, her eyes gleaming with mischief.

Dagur furrowed his brow. "Are you calling me a baby?"

"Maybe."

"Well, that's on you then for marrying a baby." Dagur shrugged, letting the insinuated insult roll of his back like water.

Sigrid smiled, before leaning down to plant a kiss on his cheek. "And I wouldn't change it for the world."

"You know, this is everything I could've dreamed of and more." Dagur smiled. "I haven't been able to live without you for the past five years, and I'll be devoted to you until the day I die."

"That's pretty intense, but I love you too." Sigrid raised her brow with a smile.

Leaning down towards her husband, they shared a passionate kiss. One that would've made Snotlout hurl in the background if he were to witness it.

"Ew, gross. We're so in love." Dagur grinned, thinking back to the quarreling on Dragon's Edge, together with the other dragon riders.

To think it's already been three years since then...