66. Grimmel the Grisly

The ride to Berk had been long. They were sure they would've gotten there faster if it wasn't for Hiccup's cryptic map, wanting to make Berk's new location as secretive as possible. If Grimmel found out where they were before the Berserkers arrived, it could mean the end of the Hairy Hooligans. 

To Dagur's surprise, Oswald hadn't been very fussy about going on a ship for the first time in his life, even if he did vomit after a few hours. Sigrid was unsure if it was because of the swaying of the ship, or because he'd drank a bit too much milk. On a more positive note, they now know the cue of Oswald growing sick; his brow slants as his eyes grow sadder, and he lets out the tiniest whine... before he pukes up an amount comparable to a Monstrous Nightmare spewing. So far, Dagur has been a pro at timing the exact moment to lean the baby over the railing, so he vomits into the water instead of on the boat.

Right now, Sigrid was contemplating about what to do. Should she risk sending a Terror mail to her brother, telling of a guessed time of their arrival? Or should she wait and hope that they make it to 'New' Berk in time? 

Dagur, on the other hand, didn't think it was that big of a deal.

"Usually I just shoot an arrow into the sky every once in a while, until I get something back." He shrugged, mentioning to his retired crossbow.

"So you were just winging it every time, weren't you?" Sigrid raised her brow, mentioning to his past when he was the one terrorising Berk.

"Basically, yeah."

That didn't really help. Eventually, she, Dagur and Heather decided to look at the sketchy map again, and soon discovered that they might be arriving at 'new' Berk any moment now. And with that, it was time to set up.

With Dagur, Oswald and Sleuther on the main ship, Sigrid found her place on Electrode's saddle and took to the skies, watching over the battleships like it was a lifesize version of Maces and Talons. But this time it wouldn't be a fight between Chiefs, but between peace and destruction. Now, they weren't fighting a sneaky traitor wanting to capture the King of dragons, and instead they were battling against a mysterious and calculated underground figure who was out for blood.

Sigrid didn't really know what to expect of Grimmel, but his title of 'Nightfury slayer' made her skin crawl. 

Nightfuries were dragons that her people had warned her about since birth, one that they used to know nearly nothing about because no Viking had ever survived going near it. A dragon that Berk viewed as unobtainable, and he just... made them go extinct. Or, at least, that was his goal. Hiccup had explained it in detail; he was out for Toothless, not out of spite for Berk or the Dragon Riders, but because he wanted a trophy.

Grimmel was determined to kill every Nightfury, and with Toothless alive he had no reason to quit until he got what he wanted. He'd already managed to push the Hooligans out of their humble home for the past three hundred years. Who's to say what he'll do next?

"Chief, the Chieftess believes we're nearing the island. The Berserkers are ready." Captain Vorg announced.

"Oh goody, finally!" Dagur cheered before making his way through the doors of the Captain's quarters, squinting as he adjusted to the bright sunlight. 

Taking his spyglass in hand, he stared through towards the land ahead, and from the few familiar buildings poking out from on top of it, he could confirm that they had indeed found New Berk. A high-pitched chuckle was heard, and Dagur got smacked in the face by baby Oswald, as he raised his arms with a squeal, demanding to hold the spyglass. 

"Woah, hey man, take it easy." Dagur flinched away from the little waving hands, before lowering the spyglass towards his baby boy. 

Even though Dagur was sure that Oswald couldn't actually spot anything through the spyglass, it didn't stop the smile from spreading on his face from the baby's manic giggles. So much joy in such a little body, just absolutely adorable. Dagur couldn't help but think that he somehow ended up living the dream life. Funny how the turned tables... turn? Whatever the phrase was, he knew what he meant.