• CH6 •

⋆══════════╗➷⋆ ⋆ ⋆⇝╔══════════⋆

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

" ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ "

⋆══════════╝➹⋆ ⋆ ⋆⇝╚══════════⋆

For the entirety of the flight I was too silent for my own good.

After what happened with Ghost I refused to even look at anyone in the eyes for the rest of the journey there.

My brother, Leon, kept asking me what was wrong, but I kept denying it, saying that everything was fine.

He knew I wasn't fine, my face was showing too much emotion that I didn't even notice myself.

After we got of the plane I rushed straight to the car waiting for us, and climbed in the front passenger seat.

I was too overwhelmed to face Ghost right now, I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

Soap was driving, and everyone else was in the back with Ghost.

He knew my mind was going off the rails, he could tell by the way I was gripping onto my hands with my fingers.

He turned his head towards me for a moment, glancing at the expression on my face before turning his head back to the front.

I felt a warm hand grab onto one of my own breaking me from my anxious fidgeting.

It was Soap's.

He said nothing, he only squeezed my hand gently trying to calm me down.

His other hand was focused on the wheel of the vehicle.

I turned my full attention to him feeling a lot calmer, taking a deep breath through my nose.

The others didn't notice anything because they were too occupied on talking about the mission.

"Are ya alright doll?" He said in his thick scottish accent. He was talking a lot quieter in order to not alert the others.

My eyes fixated on him now. "Yeah..just a little shaken up that's all."

"Why? Has something happened?" He said with slight worry in his voice.

"It wasn't anything bad, don't worry, I just- had a small panic attack.."

I decided it was better to just lie about the situation in order to not have it brung up.

If I told him what really happened he'd question me, and Ghost would woop my ass for not keeping it a secret.

I could oddly feel a pair of eyes at the back of my head staring straight through me.

I felt a shiver go down my spine knowing exactly who was witnessing Soap's hand clasped around mine.

Ghost.

I didn't even have to turn around to see, I knew he was looking, I could feel it.

I gave Soap a reassuring squeeze before sliding my hand from his grasp.