• CH8 •

⋆══════════╗➷⋆ ⋆ ⋆⇝╔══════════⋆

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

" ᴀ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏʙ "

⋆══════════╝➹⋆ ⋆ ⋆⇝╚══════════⋆

This was going to be our first proper mission together as a team so I was determined to do my best.

We all headed back to the hotel in Maxi's car to get suited up in our gear.

Eventually we were saying our goodbyes to Maxi before getting in one of the military vehicles.

I changed into my military outfit, but today I had a bullet proof vest on for more protection.

I would wear my mask, but Leon took mine on this mission because he couldn't find his.

Thanks a lot Leon...

It was a quiet and quick drive to our destination.

I exchanged glances with Soap who was sitting across from me.

He could tell I was nervous.

He leaned over and gently patted my leg. "You'll be fine sweetheart, we've got your back."

I smiled. "I know you guys do. I'm just worried that Leon, Gaz and Ghost might've gotten hurt."

"Leon and Gaz are fine, I contacted them before we left, they are currently laying low somewhere on the field." Price replied, overhearing our conversation.

"Okay, that's good." I felt my mind relax for a moment before a rise of panic started to build up again.

"What about Ghost?!.."

Price sighed. "He wouldn't answer me through his ear monitor so I don't know what his current status is right now."

For the rest of the journey, I worried about Ghost's whereabouts and if he was injured or worse, dead.

I knew he wasn't dead, nothing can kill him. Yet I still worried he was badly wounded and in need of assistance.

So I came up with a plan.

The plan was to use an excuse to get away from the others in order to find Ghost myself.

I know the others would tell me that's a bad idea, I could get badly hurt or even killed, and then refuse to let me go.

So the only way to get pass them is to trick them.

I wouldn't want to make them worry, but I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself on the battlefield.

Ghost can't do this on his own, I intend to be there to help him. We might even have time to catch up since we missed our little date.

As soon as the vehicle came to a stop everyone quickly got out.

Price split everyone up into small teams so we could attack from different areas hoping to back the threat up into a corner.