Fish outta water

Tw/ Implied Abuse

----------------------------
You sat eating dinner. You heasiantly talked with them with a smile on your face. You were worried out of your mind. What if you said the wrong thing...what if...

Where the hell is Micheal. Lenz was most likely in the attic but fucking Micheal. You were surprised you didn't come home to dead ass parents. Its not like you'd care much, they weren't yours but still.

"So (Y/n) how was school?" Your father asks.

Your smile drops as the same twisted ugly feeling rises in your stomatch. The kind that wants to snap at him. Snap at him for being so mean. He wasn't even being mean right now it just felt like you always were on the defense with him.

"Fine" you say eating your food.

You hear a loud thud from the attic. You almost choke on your food. So that's where they are hiding. In the god dam attic.

"What was that" Pa says looking up.

"Probably Push she keeps getting up there somehow" you say laughing it off.

"You hiding any boys from us" your mom accuses.

"What no?!" You say your anxiousness flaring up with the tone she used.

"Why are you getting defensive I'm just asking you a question" she says frownung.

"...It's the way you said it" you mutter.

"Well I was your age once I know what you teens do" she says saying it as if it was your fault.

You squeeze your fork and eat your words. They were on edge and so where you. It was an off day for them you already knew. Just from the way they stood you knew. From the way they breathed.

"So have you been going to your group therapy" Your pa asks with a raised eyebrow.

You almost choke on your food. Holy mackerel what. You didn't fucking know you had group therpay. Where the fuck did this come from. Oh god oh god what. You scan through her memories and indeed you did have group therapies ...on Mondays, Wensdays, and Sundays...which was tommrow. For fucks sake.

"No I'm sorry I forgot"

"It's always you forgot why can't you accept that you made a mistake and move on" your mother said.

You frowned even more because that was RICH coming from her. She never apologized. She never ever fucking said she ever did any wrong. She put your ass in group therapy because clearly it was you that was the problem. It wasn't her. It wasn't ever her.

"What no I forgot seriously"

"Dont talk back to me" she hissed.

You look desperately for support but there was none. Your dad shook his head in disappointment. If it wasn't him attacking you it was her.

"I wasnt?!" Your clipped tone came out your nerves crawling up your spine and down your back.

She got up from her seat and raised her hand "Yell at me again and I'll backhand you in the mouth"

You flinched curling yourself up. You looked down at your hands curling them in your lap. You bit your lip. For the first time in years you felt like a scared child again. Your eyes welled up with tears.

"Sorry"

"Don't just tell me what I want to hear just because you want me to shut up, now go wash the dishes I dont want to see you right now" she says

You grab the dishes with shaky hands keeping your head down. You were a fool for thinking you could stand up to them. A god dam fool. You gripped the dishes in your hands a glare covering your expression.