Ready Or Not

RYDER POV

    I watched Mallory’s smugness fall when she found out Ironhorse wouldn’t talk. I had to swallow my laugh and hide my smile. “Smug son of a bitch. We will get them all. Do you hear me, Ryder? We will get them all.”  Malloy screeches. I just nod and think yeah we will get you all. She immediately calls Thomas. I can only make out some of what she says but I know Colby and Trey are getting it all. She is pissed and has been since Travis Simmons pushed his way into the interrogation. He went to his superior and said it was his bust too, so he deserved to be in there. I thought she was going to blow her gasket when she was ordered to let him be there. Today just isn’t her day and tomorrow won’t be either.

     “Thomas is catching the first flight in the morning. Then we will come back to this Hicksville police station for their help. Tomorrow the Sons of Silence MC goes down. Thomas is going to make sure of that.” Mallory states proudly. “Well if the plan is to plant more drugs, then don’t expect me or the cops to help. I won’t do it.” I deadpan. “We got it covered. Thomas, Travis, and I have it covered. Wouldn’t want you to have to step off your high horse. They are biker trash. Lower than pond scum. They deserve what they get and I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure they deserve it. You need to wake up and learn to do whatever it takes to take out the trash.  You won’t play ball which is why your career is in the toilet. I play ball, that’s why my career is on the fast track. Watch and learn fag boy.” she states smartly.

     We return to the hotel in silence. I head to my room and order pizza. Mallory knocks and hollers through our joined room, “I am going to the diner to eat. Want to join me?” “No thanks. I ordered pizza. Then I plan to crash.” I answer. I hear her leave. I hear her return not long after my pizza arrives. As I eat, I hear her talk to Thomas. She confirms he will be here in the morning. Then she calls Travis to come over.

     Twenty minutes later I hear knocking and Mallory welcoming Travis. I listen as she instructs him on how tomorrow will go. “You will help us put things where we can find them, right?” she asks. “I don’t know. I mean I want to help but why do we have to plant stuff?” he whines. “They are dirty bikers but smart ones. They are selling drugs, guns, and women. They just are good at hiding it and their products. We have to get them in jail and out of the way to find their real stashes. You said you wanted to help.” Mallory replies angrily. “I will. I will help, babe. I swear. I just wanted to make sure it was for the right reasons.” Travis replies. When the noises become kisses and moans I tune them out. I think of Colby as I lay back and welcome sleep.

     I get woken up at 77 am Thomas and Mallory beat on my door. “I am up. I need coffee and food if you want coherent thoughts from me.” I inform them. “We will get that at the diner and talk strategy,” Thomas responds with a sneer. I nod and follow them out.

    Once we are seated and have our food, Thomas starts talking. “So I understand you don’t want to help us with creatively finding things on the club. That’s okay, I will have you search the offices and paperwork in them. Cops will babysit those scumbags and their women. Mallory, see if you can get even one of the women to say they are being held there or were forced into it. Mark it in your calendars, today is the last day of the Sons of Silence MC.” he declares with glee. They talk some more strategies and Mallory fills him in on Travis helping. I spill my water on Thomas making sure to get his glasses too. “Dammit,” he yells. I put my hand out, “I am so sorry. Give me your glasses I will clean them. Mallory help him get cleaned and dried up.” I command hurriedly. Once they both are gone I dry his glasses and attach the camera and mic. Now I just have to bump into Travis and they will all hang themselves. When they come back I give him the glasses. “Luckily I had a change of clothes with me,” Thomas comments hotly. “Again I am sorry. Let’s head to the station.” I tell them.

    We get to the station and I make a point to bump into Travis and tell him Mallory wants him. Now he is hooked up too. We spend the next two hours talking about strategies and everyone’s roles. One hour until we head for the clubhouse. Ready or not boys, we are going to be on our way. My phone beeps with a thumbs up from Trey. That means they are ready too. They were going to bust them at the clubhouse but decided at the station with the press was better. The press is Thomas’s idea. He wants them here when we bring in the MC. Soon he will regret that when Trey does his own bust.