~ Escape ~ Ch.19 ~

Nicole woke up, covering her eyes immediately due to the bright sun shining in through the freshly cleaned window.

She hopped out of her bed and slowly walked towards the window. 

She glanced down once more at the locked gate below.

Nicole needed to figure out where the door leading outside was located so she threw on some movable, airy clothes and left the room.

She made her way straight to Sapnap's room down the hallway, as it was closer to the exterior door.

Nicole knocked on the door and in return heard a groan followed by a yawn before the door opened a crack.

Sapnap peaked out the door looking extremely tired, before smiling and letting Nicole inside, shutting the door behind her. 

S ○ "Hey.. what's up.."

Sapnap said between a yawn.

Nicole smiled at him and then walked over to his window, looking down.

She saw the garden gate directly below her and grinned.

N ○ "So it's right there.."

S ○ "Huh?.."

Nicole spun back around to face Sapnap.

N ○ "What room is right below this?"

S ○ "Uhm.. That's the uhh.. That's the kitchen. Why?.."

N ○ "I'm- It's not important.."

Sapnap's expression grew confused.

He grabbed Nicole's arm and pulled her forwards into a hug.

S ○ "Y'know you can tell me anything right?"

N ○ "Yes! I know that. I trust you. I just don't wanna say anything about this alright?"

S ○ "Okay.. just.. whatever it is please be careful. You know I'm trying my best to keep you safe in here but it is difficult when you keep things from me.."

Nicole sighed and then hugged Sapnap back, tightly.

Nicole then pulled backwards a tiny bit and looked up at Sapnap lovingly.

She carefully grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to her level, pressing her lips onto his.

Sapnap was a little bit taken aback, but immediately kissed her back, moving his hands onto her back.

Nicole let Sapnap's tongue explore the inside of her mouth before they both pulled away.

N ○ "Okay.. see you later.."

Nicole coughed as Sapnap let go of her.

S ○ "Remember, be careful.. I love you.."

N ○ "I.. I love you too Sapnap.."

Nicole nervously said before leaving the room, going back to her own.

She went inside, grabbed her set of keys and then left the room once again, heading to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, Nicole locked the door and then admired the large, clean space.

N ○ "Wow.."

Nicole shook her head and walked towards a locked door on the back wall.

She saw a window next to the door and looked out of it.

N ○ "Yes! There's the gate.."

Nicole grabbed one of the keys from the ring and shoved it into the door.

The key didnt work so Nicole fiddled with the rest of them, trying about three more before hearing footsteps directly behind her.

Nicole shoved the keys into her pocket and turned around, terrified.

Nicole saw who stood there and rolled her eyes.

N ○ "Why are you everywhere Punz!!"

P ○ "I don't think that's important right now.. what are you doing with that door?"

N ○ "I- No- nothing!"

P ○ "Nicole. I already know what you're trying to do. Two or three people have tried to escape that way previously. They were all slaughtered personally by Dream."

N ○ "Well! I'm stronger than the others Punz!"

Punz sighed.

P ○ "I know you are Nicole, but you still aren't strong enough."

N ○ "Punz please! I need to get out of here!"

P ○ "I know you do. Get that door open. I'll go get your brother."

Nicole smiled and pulled Punz into a short hug.

Punz smiled back at her before leaving the room.

Nicole spent atleast ten minutes trying every single key before one finally fit.

N ○ "I swear I already tried that key twice.."

Nicole heard the door swing open and then slam shut from behind her.

She turned around and was instantly met by Tubbo wrapping his arms around her, crying.

N ○ "Punz.. thank you.. so much."

P ○ "That's what friends are for I guess.. here."

Punz passed Nicole his sword which she took.

P ○ "You are.. most likely going to need that. Now go! If you make it out. I'll tell Sapnap for you."

Nicole mouthed out the word thanks one last time before grabbing Tubbo's hand and going to the exterior gate, opening it with a large, black key that was well past rusted.

N ○ "If anyone comes up behind us Tubbo, we run, run as fast as you can. Run in a different direction than I do. They'll chase me over you and you'll be safe."

T ○ "No.. I'll run the same way you do."

Nicole chuckled lightly to herself as she started walking, still holding onto Tubbo's hand.

The two were speed walking so they could move faster.

N ○ "Once we get out of the clearing and into that forest. We should be safe to go straight for L'mamburg."

Tubbo smiled and kept walking.

The pair were halfway across the field when they were suddenly spotted from a second floor window.

The brown haired boy inside ran to Dream's office, letting himself in.

D ○ "George I am not in the mood to see your face."

G ○ "Dream! It's important!"

Dream sighed heavily.

D ○ "It'd better be.. go on."

G ○ "The old gate past the kitchen!"

D ○ "What about it?"

G ○ "Nicole and Tubbo.."

Dream stood up in outrage and grabbed his sword.

D ○ "MOVE."

Dream ran out of his office, pushing George out of his way aggressively.

He ran through the hallways, and through the kitchen, making it past the old gate.

He grabbed a spyglass out of his pocket and looked into it angrily.

Dream spotted Nicole and Tubbo walking towards the thick forest and a crazed smile grew on his face.

He strapped his smile mask onto his face and began sprinting towards Nicole and Tubbo as fast as he possibly could.

T ○ "Nicole.. what's.. NICOLE! HE'S HERE NICOLE. HOLY SHIT!"

Nicole looked over her shoulder and gasped, she then held tighter to Tubbos hand and began to run towards the forest.

1024 Words - OOoo cliffhanger. I'll try to write the next chapter fast because this suspense would annoy me if I read it!

Vote the chapters and I'll write faster >:)