~ Back Again ~ Ch.22 ~

While running, Nicole was coughing up an unhealthy amount of her black blood.

This blood left a trail behind her, which was easy to see in the green grass.

Tubbo followed the trail, while Wilbur and the others from L'manburg convinced Dream to sit back down.

T ○ "NICOLE! PLEASE STOP RUNNING IT'S JUST ME!"

Nicole turned to head back towards Tubbo, and tripped on a rock as she did.

T ○ "Nicole!"

N ○ "Tubbo? W-why did you follow me Toby, go back.."

T ○ "No! Nicole what has happened to you since we tried to escape? You look horrible! Does it hurt?!"

N ○ "Tubbo.. of course.. it hurts."

Nicole coughed up more blood as she finished her sentence.

T ○ "Come on, you've passed L'manburg let's go back there-"

N ○ "Are you kidding.. D-Dream is going to come after me Tubbo.."

T ○ "No he won't, Wilbur is sorting it out with him."

N ○ "Fine.."

T ○ "Thank you.."

Tubbo gave Nicole a quick hug before grabbing her arm to help her walk back to L'manburg.

T ○ "This time don't sell yourself to Dream please?"

N ○ "No promises.."

Nicole chuckled quietly to which Tubbo smiled in response.

He took her to Niki and Fundy's medical tent and helped her get up onto the bed.

T ○ "Everyone should be back soon.."

Nicole nodded at Tubbo.

N ○ "I think I'm just going to go to sleep if that's okay Tubbo.."

T ○ "Yeah of course."

Tubbo smiled at Nicole again before rushing out of the tent and shutting the fabric doors.

Tubbo sighed and began walking back to Dream's base.

Halfway there, he came across Wilbur and the others walking back to L'manburg, so he abandoned his original journey and joined them.

W ○ "Tubbo, did you manage to-"

T ○ "Yes Will, I found her, I followed a trail of weirdly coloured black blood that she was coughing up."

W ○ "Black?."

T ○ "Yes, black, I took her to the medical tent, she's sleeping in there right now."

W ○ "NIKI, FUNDY, PLEASE HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE MEDICAL TENT TO CHECK ON NICOLE, MAKE SURE YOU TAKE BLOOD SAMPLES."

F ○ "Got it!"

Fundy and Niki walked away towards the tent as Tubbo stayed with Wilbur.

W ○ "Tubbo, can you tell me about what she was like when you were in the base with her?"

T ○ "Oh.. uh, well I guess when I was locked up she seemed normal, she acted like she lived there and she didn't have any injuries on her, but after she helped me escape and got caught, I guess Dream started to torture her or something.."

W ○ "Yep.. it looks that way from the state of her."

T ○ "It's all my fault Wilbur, I should've just stayed here instead of breaking into their base and then she would still be there living happily."

W ○ "Tubbo, it's not your fault, you did the right thing, now once she heals she can live happily again, here, back with us."

T ○ "I guess.. but I still feel like I'm the cause of all of her injuries and pain right now."

W ○ "You're not. Dream is. That evil bastard will get what's coming to him one day I swear."

T ○ "Thanks Wilbur. I don't know if you'll achieve that goal though."

W ○ "Yeah, I don't know, he's pretty strong, but over time I'm sure I'll get stronger."

T ○ "Good luck with that Wilbur."

Wilbur smiled at Tubbo warmly, pulling him in for a quick, tight hug before walking away.

Tubbo made his way back to the medical tent to check on Nicole.

N ○ "Fundy it's not a big deal it's looked like that for ages now!"

F ○ "Nicole! I don't care how long it's been like that, it doesn't make it any more normal!"

N ○ "It's literally fine Fundy, it doesn't even do anything!"

F ○ "Yea? Well-"

T ○ "Uh, can you two finish this argument please.?"

F ○ "Yeah, alright, do you need something Tubbo?"

T ○ "I just came back to check on Nicole."

Nicole smiled weakly for a second.

T ○ "Where's Niki, shouldn't she be in here with you?"

F ○ "Ah yes, she went to go clean some of the blood trail she left, just incase, y'know?"

Nicole rolled her eyes.

T ○ "Oh, yeah, that makes sense, we need to try and make sure Dream keeps his hands off of her this time."

F ○ "No Tubbo."

Fundy placed a hand firmly onto Tubbo's shoulder.

F ○ "We won't try to, we will make sure."

Tubbo smiled and hugged Fundy tightly in the tent.

Nicole rose from her bed and Tubbo instantly ushered her to sit back down, to which she complied.

N ○ "What?"

T ○ "You should stay down until Fundy can confirm that you're all good, he needs to check all your injuries and stuff like that."

Nicole looked over to Fundy who nodded at her.

N ○ "But it's not fair, I haven't gotten to walk around freely in I don't even know how long, Tubbo please."

T ○ "Nicole, as soon as you're cleared, you can walk around wherever you want inside the walls."

Nicole started to tear up.

Tubbo sat down on the medical bed next to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

T ○ "Nicole, as soon as Fundy says you're good to go, I'll take you for a nice long walk, to all the places we used to play when we were younger."

Tubbo said, wiping a tear from Nicole's face.

Nicole sighed.

N ○ "Yeah. Okay, whatever. That's fine I guess. Thanks Tubbo.."

Tubbo stood up as Nicole sniffled and stopped crying.

T ○ "Fundy, how long do you think it'll take to check her?"

F ○ "I should be able to get it done by the end of today, and then if anything's wrong she could have to stay in here for anywhere from a day to a couple of weeks."

N ○ "What?! I'm not staying in your stupid tent that long Fundy!"

F ○ "I know you don't want to Nicole, but it's what's best for you to heal."

N ○ "I don't care about healing! I just want to be free, for even five fucking minutes."

F ○ "Fine okay! I'll let you leave the tent before I do anything else, go walk around with Tubbo just come back in ten minutes."

Tubbo smiled at Fundy, thanking him.

T ○ "Come on Nicole, let's go."

Sorry I upload so slowwww I have like no motivation, I just wanna write the second book lol. But I appreciate all of you still reading and supporting even though I update slowly.