~ Escape Pt.2 ~ Ch.20 ~

Dream continued to close the distance between himself and the ones he was chasing.

Nicole tried to run faster, holding desperately to Tubbo's hand, but she couldn't go any faster.

Nicole was already testing her limits.

Nicole looked back for a second which was a mistake.

She saw Dream, pretty much right behind her.

Nicole gasped and grabbed out Punz's sword with the hand that wasn't holding Tubbo's.

She pushed Tubbo in the direction of the forest.

N ○ "GO!"

Tubbo was hesitant, but knew it was best if he listened, so he ran towards the forest as Dream stopped infront of Nicole.

D ○ "How precious of you, darling"

Dream drew his sword, the grin under his mask not shrinking for even a second.

Dream threw the first hit, which Nicole did not expect, but she dodged it nonetheless.

Nicole swung at Dream's leg, which he blocked with his sword.

D ○ "I recognise that sword.. where'd you get it from is the question."

Dream questioned Nicole as he continued to swing his sword at her, Nicole barely dodging each.

N ○ "I- I stole it."

Nicole stuttered, not wanting to get Punz into any trouble.

Dream laughed maniacally for only a second before going silent again.

Nicole pretended to swing her sword at his arm, before moving the blade to his leg, and landing a cut on it.

Dream's smile faded for a second before coming back, more crazed than before.

Nicole gulped and got her sword into a defensive position.

D ○ "Impressive.. guess I'll have to start trying now my love.."

Dream leaped into the air, Nicole followed him with her eyes but was forced to look away because the sun was shining directly into her eyes.

Dream came down from the sky, dealing a large slice from his blade down Nicole's back, Nicole not knowing where he was until the hit landed.

Nicole stumbled forwards, barely managing to stay standing.

She looked up at Dream, preparing to attempt another hit but before she could even think about it, another cut appeared on her forehead.

Nicole looked up at Dream weakly, observing his sword, which was dripping in her own black blood.

D ○ "Done yet honey?"

Nicole clenched her fist, jumping into a hunched over fighting stance.

Dream sighed.

He then ran circles around Nicole, making her extremely dizzy.

Once she was dizzy enough to start stumbling, Dream circled her slower, slashing her all over her body with the blade.

Nicole fell to her knees, dropping Punz's sword.

Dream stepped closer to her, kicking the dropped sword away.

Nicole looked at the ground, but could still see Dream's legs right in front of her.

Nicole cried silently as she bled from each cut.

Dream aggressively grabbed Nicole's hair, pulling it towards himself to make her look at him.