Chapter 2: New Friend

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Arata's pov:

As I took a nap earlier, my eyes began to open as it revealed the nigh sky going through my balcony window. I decided to sit up from my futon and stretch my arms.

Arata:"*Yawn* I needed that." I said to myself.

With that, I got out of my futon and stood up on both of my feet. I then decided to go to my drawer and grab my phone as I see a piece of napkin under it.

Hiromi Tadashi

63xxx xxx xxxx

Seeing the napkin made me remember the sorta promise I made with that girl, so I grab my phone to see that it was currently 7 pm, nighttime.

It's still early to sleep so I dialed up her phone and gave it a call.

*Ring*

*Ring*

*Ring*

..."Hello" The other side responded.

Arata:"Umm..is this Hiromi Tadashi?" I asked for confirmation.

Hiromi:"Yep, you got the right number. Who is this?" She asked me.

Arata:"It's me, Arata. Back at the plaza." I answered.

Hiromi:"Wait, you were that one who ordered the strawberry shake?" She asked.

Arata:"Ye-yeah." I answered.

Hiromi:"Oh my god! You finally called! I was waiting forever!" She said.

Arata:"You were waiting?" I asked confused.

Hiromi:"Yeah! I mean, I was hoping we could talk more earlier, but my shift was still going, hehehe." She answered.

Arata:"Oh is that so..." I responded.

With that, an awkward silence suddenly enveloped our phone conversation as the awkwardness could be felt.

Hiromi:"Sooo...wanna hang out?" She asked.

Arata:"Wait like, right now?"

Hiromi:"Duh. The night's still early. And many places are still open. Why not enjoy it?" She responded.

Arata:"Umm..ye-yeah, that sounds great! Where do we meet up?" I asked her.

Hiromi:"The plaza's fountain. I heard an arcade was nearby as well as other stands that had a barbeque." She answered.

Arata:"Sounds like a plan. I'll meet you there at around 7:45." I issued the time.

Hiromi:"Great! See you then, Arata!" She said before she hung up.

With that, I put my phone back on my desk and went outside to go take a quick shower. As I exit my room, I see my sister walking towards hers as she notices me.

Reiko:"O-otouto, why are you up around this time?" She asked confused?

I can tell she was a bit annoyed that I was awake, I clearly see her all pant up, exhausted and all sweaty, not to mention her leg covering touching together to cover her crutch.

It was clear as day that she had been doing it with him again, and she didn't want me to disturb her.

Arata:*Sigh* Nothing, Reiko. Just taking a bath." I answered coldly.

Now this caught her more off-guard than earlier. Her usual go happy little brother was being cold to her rather than being kind.

Reiko:"Wai-wait, otout-!" She tried to reach for my hand but I slapped it away.