Chapter 23: Back to Normal...and to School

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Arata's Pov:

Doctor:"Everything seems to be stable. The minor fractures should heal at the end of the month. You'll make a full recovery around the start of august." The doctor informed me.

Arata:"Thank you for you're help, doc." I thanked him.

Doctor:"No need. It's my job after all." He replied.

It's been about a few weeks since the the fight between Def Mech and The Warriors. My body is under heavy medication and is said to recover at around the start of august.

Arata:" I can't believe I'll spend the summer break laying down on a bed." I complained as I plop down in my bed.

Doctor:"If you're often a rough houser, then you'll get used to it." He said as he examined my IV bag.

After a quick examination, check-up and a view of my hospital room, the doctor let out a sigh, as he cocks his glasses back into position.

Doctor:"Everything seems to be in order. I'll be going now. Try to have some rest." He said as he walked through the door and left.

After the doctor left, I immediately let myself fall and be embraced by the sweet, sweet and soft comfort of my hospital bed. But as soon as I laid down, my thought began to wonder about what Mr. Jerry said when he came here.

FLASHBACK-5 DAYS AGO

No Pov:

Currently bedridden in the hospital, Jerry visited Arata while he was laying down and resting on his hospital bed as he sat down, with Jake just leaning on a nightstand next to Arata's aforementioned bed.

Jerry:"Look's like you're recovering quite fast, Arata. You really do have you're fathers genes." He said with a smile.

Arata:"You could say that again. The doctor said I'm probably going to be out by august. Of course, it's still not confirmed, just an estimation." He responded.

Jerry:"That's great! You're teacher here, Jake has been worried sick about you." He informed.

Hearing this, Arata raised his left eyebrow and stares closely at Jake, who just looked away with embarrassment and looks down.

Jake:"Were not here for that, Jerry. Were here to tell him something, remember." He reminded Jerry to avoid the subject.

Jerry:"Right, right. Anyways, for now The Warriors will be under high supervision. Thanks to the thugs in that attack, their now prime suspects." He informed me.

Jake:"Meaning, they won't bother us anymore, unless they plan for the police to have enough proof to take them in. The thugs apperently confessed that they were only claiming to be part of their group. Of course, they were probably bribed by the warriors." He deducted.

From what Arata's seen. Even Def Mech has an insane amount of budget. If Def mech is one of the 4 major groups, then Arata didn't even doubt that the other 3 groups have the same amount of income.

But after hearing that it was gonna be peaceful now. Arata can finally focus on his main objective, taking care of Sachiko and cutting off ties with Nan

Arata:"Ummm...uncle?" He called for Jerry.

Jerry:"Yeeeesss~ He said in a playful manner.

Arata:"Umm...if you don't mind. I have a favor." He informed him.

Jake:"And what is it?" Jake asked.

Arata:"Can I decline your previous offer as the next head of Def Mech?"