Chapter 9: Letting Anger Out

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Arata's pov:

Well, this is just great. After my little encounter with Rei, who I don't want to see after our break up, was currently with me as she coincidentally was also buying lunch for herself.

We bumped into each other again, by the door as it opens and we went inside together, feeling awkward.

Arata:"...."

Rei:"...."

We went on and walked at the same direction. I was fairly certain she was following me now.

Arata:"...Umm...Rei?" I called for her name.

Rei:"Ye-yeah?" She stuttered.

Arata:"...Can you please walk somewhere else. I...don't want to be with you." I told her.

This made Rei's eyes widen in shock for a bit, until she look's down in sadness, nearly having tears in her eyes.

Rei:"O-Oh...okay. I'll be going over there then." She said, pointing towards the instant stuff.

With that, she leaves my side by walking away from me. I let out a sigh of relief as I continue to find any ingredients I need to cook Hiromi and Sachiko the best lunch.

And so, I continued to browse through every aisle to see any ingredients I could find, and some chips for a quick snack.

WITH REI

Rei's pov:

This is so awkward. I was currently peeking through the aisle Arata was in as I was looking at him intently. I need to apologize and move on! He doesn't want me anymore and I know it's wishful thinking, but I need to apologize.

After I apologize, I'll move on and go with my life. I did something wrong and I have to make up for it....I...I

Rei:"...I can't...I want him back." I said to myself.

I can't be bothered. I can't move on from Arata. I just...can't. He was the best thing that happened to me and I just...damnit.

So, I decided to just admire him from afar. It was so nostalgic when I first met him back at school. I was so nervous to speak to him that all I could do was watch him from afar...just what happened to me.

I continue to admire him from afar as if I was back in our freshman days, merely walking by each other. Until, someone called his name.

???:"Arata-senpai!" A female voice called.

I looked to where the sound came from, to see a girl with long hair, in a hoodie.