Chapter 19: The Crazy Flasher

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hiromi's pov:

Hiromi:"Haaah~ Haaah~ Just a few feet more." I said as I jog through the park.

It's currently 4:59 am. The sun wasn't up yet and I'm taking a circle jog around the park. I like to keep myself healthy even if it's just jogging and not going to the gym. But what worries me is Arata and Sachiko.

It's been almost a week since I've seen Arata and Sachiko, and Arata was at the hospital before he suddenly was discharged and disappeared out of nowhere. I'm worried something might've happened them.

But what's more confusing is the fact that, after one day that we contacted the police to report both of them missing, the cops all said that Arata was still around, seemingly taking jogs at 4 am on the dot, so this jog also has a ulterior motive.

Hiromi:"I hope you two are okay." I voiced my worry for the two siblings.

And so, I continued on my daily jog as after a while and another circle a round the park, I finally stopped and sat down on a nearby bench where I placed my water bottle to cool off.

I look up to see the sunlight starting to appear from the horizon as I remember what Arata said to me when we did our first hang out, when he suggested to relax and enjoy the view of the sunrise at the boardwalk.

Hiromi:’Wow...it really is beautiful.' I admired the view as I grabbed my water bottle.

As I was about to open my bottle for a drink, a man suddenly ran past me and accidently hit my water bottle, making me drop it into the ground but thankfully not spilling any.

???:"Oh! Sorry." The man apologized as he grabs and offers back my water bottle.

Hiromi:"Oh no! It's quite fi..."I stopped myself as I recognize who was the man infront of me.

The man infront of me was one of the sibling I had been worried about. It was Arata as he noticed that I managed to get a glimpse of his face as he gives me a smile.

Arata:"It's been a while. Well, nearly a week or so." He said as he sat down next me.

Hiromi:"Ye-yeah...it's been a while since you disappeared. Just where were you?" I asked him.

Arata:"...Working I guess. I have something I want to do." He answered.

Hiromi:"Oh really? Is it a career choice?" I asked.

Arata:"N-no. Something personal. It's for Sachiko." He answered in a low toned manner.

This is weird. After the first time we met, he was usually all bubbly and always smiled when we hung out. Heck, he even smiles when I just visit or we meet by coincidence, but those eyes of his...it's the same as before, the same one's when we met.