Chapter 16: Kidnapping

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Toru's pov:

Everything in my vision was dark. The eternal abyss of darkness, where I belong...just what happened to me?

I used to believe that everybody was my friend. People I haven't met were supposed to be my future friends I just never met. Just when did I stray from my previous vision?

No matter what I think of. I can't avoid it. I'm disappointed in myself for what I've become. This abyss is...fitting for me. I accept it and yet...my eyes open once again as I see...a roof?

Toru:"What the?" I said in confusion.

I was confused. Wasn't I supposed to be in an alleyway after my brief scuffle with that man in shades. Just what happened.

Seeing the situation. I sit up from where I laid down and saw that I was back in grandpa's...house, and currently laying on the couch in the living room.

Toru:"Why am I here? Didn't the police already blocked off the house?" I asked in confusion as I sit down on the couch.

???:"Hohoho! Look's like your awake, my boy." An old man's voice said to Toru.

As Toru heard this, footsteps from the hallway as it enters the room only to reveal it to be my grandfather as he had a pot of hot soup on his hands and sits down besides me.

Grandfather:"I'm glad to see you awake, kid." Grandpa said with relief.

Toru:"Grandpa...You're here. I suppose...you know, right?" I asked him as he nods.

Grandpa:"Yup. The police are doing everything they can to solve the mystery." He said to cheer me up.

It wasn't working. This is all my fault. My sins are finally crawling back to me and to take revenge for what I did. Thinking about it, I just began to let out tears and cry as grandpa saw this, making him place the soup on the nightstand, beside the lamp.

Grandpa:"I know, kid. I'll miss them too." He said, hugging me for comfort.

I hug back as I squeeze him tightly, wanting to atleast feel comfort from all of this. I was the one who was supposed to be punished, not them. I did the mistakes, not them.

Toru:"Grandpa...I'm sorry." I apologized to him.

Grandpa:"Shh...stay quiet for now. Just let it all out." He said, comforting me.

And so, a have no idea how much time has passed since I was knocked out. I just awoke at my grandfather's residence as he was now my only family member left. I can't lose him this time. I have to change. I'm weak. I want...

Toru:'I have to get stronger...I want to protect my last family.' I vowed to myself.

WITH ARATA AND SACHIKO