Chapter 8: A Body's Natural Reaction

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Reiko's pov:

Everyone in the cafe had their eyes all on me and Toru as the knife, provided by the pancakes I ordered was now aimed towards his neck as he raised his arms as if the cops caught him.

Toru:"Wo-woah! Re-Reiko, let's talk about this." He pleaded.

Reiko:"Why should I? You made my otouto cry. And to think I did it with you, of all people." I replied.

Toru:"Be-because. If you were to kill me now...what would the public think of Arata?" He answered.

This made me think. What would actually happen if I, his Onee-chan were to kill this asshole in public....He'd get bullied even more. Our family will be shunned just by my actions, Arata will cry even more....I can't have that!

With that in my head, I lower the knife and kick him on the ass, knocking him down his chest.

Reiko:"Tch, your lucky I don't want Arata to be even more troubled. Consider this a warning if you ever get near him and my family." I said to him as I hide the knife back.

With that, I open the glass doors and leave the cafe as I left Toru on his wishes as he laid there on the ground.

Toru's pov:

...That bitch! She dares try to kill me!? I'm Toru Saburu god dammit! The ruler of K High! And it's all that's nerd Arata's fault! His trying to one up me!

Toru:"I'll make you pay, Arata!" I swore.

Arata's pov:

Arata:"Gah!" I screamed as I jump out.

As my vision came to be, I look around to see that I was in my room, on the bed I despised. This made me leave the bed as I see 2 figures. Sachiko and Hiromi, both asleep despite it being around the middle of the day.

They looked exhausted as I see many toys on the floor, scrambled everywhere. I guess they were playing non-stop without me.

Arata:"...Sorry troubling you two." I apologized to them.

I decided to go over to the closet and change my clothing to go and buy some food. It was about to be lunch time anyway, so I need to get to cooking.

I quietly open my drawer and got a pen and a piece of paper. I wrote down "I'll be back" on the paper and left it on the desk. I then quietly open the door and left the room to go downstairs.

Arata:"*Sigh* I hope they have a discount." I wished for good luck.

With that, I go down the stairs and into the hallway, but was stopped when I saw my...mom, in the dining table, crying.

Arata:"...." I stayed quiet as she didn't notice.

I decided to just let her be and just leave. So, I open the house's front door and left the house quietly again. The breeze of fresh air hit my hair as I take a deep breathe in and out. I was refreshed.

Arata:"Haaah~ The air's good today." I pointed out.

With that, I began to trip to the supermarket to buy myself some ingredients to cook since mom was obviously not in a state to cook properly. Although she deserved what happened that made her cry, it still pains me to see me my the figure of the woman I use to trust the most and loved was crying and was changed.

Arata:"Damn you, Toru." I cursed my bullies name.

But, it's now in the past, that I won't forget. I have to cut them off. Just the fact that she is unwilling to admit it, despite my attitude towards her since July 20. Did mom actually fall for Toru?