Chapter 5: Regret? Maybe

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
[ ]:Texts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Arata's pov:

...

...

...

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring* *Ri-Smack*

Arata:"Ngghh..." I groaned in bed.

It was now the day after I broke up with my cheating girlfriend Rei. Not gonna...kinda bitter sweet feeling. It was currently about 6 in the morning as I groggily smacked my clock with my hands.

Arata:"*Yawn* Good morning, single me." I greeted myself as I stretched my arms.

I then sit up straight on my futon, which revealed my skin colored pajamas with bron stripes as I stretch my arms upwards again and let out a huge yawn for the second time.

Arata:'Well, time to get ready for today.' I said to myself.

I stood up and got out of my futon as I then arranged the sheets and put back the futon on where I kept it when I'm not using it. Which was the closet.

I put away my futon and in the same time, I take out my usual clothes I wear.  Which was just a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I'm not planning on going anywhere so these clothes are suitable.

After that, I leave my room to take a bath. But as I open the door, I accidently bump into my sister, Reiko.

 But as I open the door, I accidently bump into my sister, Reiko

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Reiko:"O-Oh! Go-good morni-"

Arata:"Hmm. Good morning." I cut her greeting with my own.

After that, I pass by her and continued to walk towards the upstairs bathroom with my change of clothes, but I was suddenly stopped by her grabbing my hand.

Reiko:"Umm...Otouto...let's talk...." She said in a desperate voice.

The desperation in her voice...she probably found out about my break up yesterday. If so, she probably thinks about I know about the affair with the three of them and Toru.

Arata:"...*Sigh* Fine." I reluctantly agreed.

If I plan to live with them until Sachiko is of age, I need to atleast show that I atleast tolerate them. A quick talk should be fine and I could get something out of this.

Reiko:"S-so...I heard you...broke up with Rei yesterday..." She reminded me about yesterday.

Arata:"Yeah...we..weren't meant to be...I guess." I responded.

Reiko:"...."

Arata:"...."

And just like that, an awkward silence appeared. We didn't talk in about 23 seconds as she looked away with an expression of awkwardness and a hint of fear as I stare at her with a seemingly cold face, that hints to a bit of awkwardness.