004

Hey Guys! Happy Saturday! I hope you're all having a great weekend, I actually flew home this morning for Christmas! being out of the city is always nice <3.

4th July, Rhode Island

It was 1am when Freya woke up to Caras foot being pressed into her back, groaning she blindly trudged out of bed, finding her slippers and robe, maybe a glass of water would help the frustration she thought. Securing the robe around her waist with a delicate bow, she quietly left the room closing the door softly. Maybe she should have let it slam, wake Cara up so she would know how it felt to be rudely awoken. As she headed down the corridor towards the staircase she was surprised to see a faint glow of light come from downstairs, someone must've forgotten to turn the light off was all she thought. Maybe the couch in the living room was free, at least she could crash there for a few hours then head back to bed before everyone woke up. Humming to herself she decided that would be exactly what she'll do.

Walking down the stairs she followed the glow of the warm light that led her right to the kitchen, where there stood a tall blonde with her back towards her. Headphones over now curly hair, old tour shirt covered by a daisy clad apron. Whisk in left hand and spatula in right as she shook her hips to whatever song was spilling through the pink beats headphones. Smiling to herself she decided to observe for a little bit, leaning against the archway that led to the kitchen. She couldn't help the smile that spread over her face as Taylor tried the cake batter and let out a satisfactory moan, before continuing with the whisk. I bet I could make her moan like that, she thought. But just as quickly as she thought it she stood up straight shaking her head, I have a boyfriend, who loves me. Was the next thing that rang through her head, I'm also very straight. Let's face it I'm tired to the point of delirium she decided upon, blaming her not so innocent thought on a girl she just met on her lack of sleep.  Maybe if she were to just turn around now and go back to bed Taylor would never know that Freya had been watching her, all she had to do was turn her body and follow her feet back up the stairs, but why weren't her feet moving.

"MEOW" the sound broke Freya away from her thoughts as she looked down at Taylors eldest cat, she had met Olivia throughout the day but Meredith preferred to hide out away from all the noisy guests.

Smiling at the four legged creature she crouched down to pet it, however Meredith was not a fan of affection and instantly clawed Freya's hand. "Ouch!" Freya hissed pulling her hand back against her chest.

Taylor jumped at the noise, dropping the whisk into the bowl as she spun round pulling the headphones off of her head in the process "Jesus!" She sighed a little out of breath as her hand clutched her chest.

"Sorry" Freya smiled guiltily as she stood back up letting Meredith run off to whatever hiding spot she found next.

"How long have you been standing there?" Taylor said a little embarrassedly as she turned back around to continue baking.

"Long enough to see your best dance moves, I honestly don't know why you became a singer, dancing is clearly your thing" She teased as she headed to get a glass of water. "What are you baking?" She asked once she saw just how red Taylors cheeks had become. She was trying to get the singer to feel less embarrassed by the whole ordeal, although she was finding it fun seeing Taylor all flustered. 

"Oh umm" Taylor paused as she looked down at the baking bowl "I always make a fourth of July cake, what are you doing up?"

"Cara's an aggressive sleeper" She shrugs as she fills up her glass of water from the water dispenser on the refrigerator.

"And that is why she gets a bed" Taylor chuckles "I'm sorry you're not getting sleep though" she frowns some.

"It's okay I'm not really tired anyway?" The other blonde replies in more of a question as she props herself up on the counter. "Mind if I stay and watch?" She asks.