023

Happy Thursday! 

Hope you guys are having a good week! I know I say this often but I think this is one of my fav chapters. This chapter was heavily inspired by the book 'the seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo' If you haven't read it I truly can't recommend it enough. 

May 13th, Cornwall.

The verdict was in, Taylor never wanted to leave Cornwall. She had gotten used to the quiet seaside town life, taking a stroll to Beths Cafe, collecting coffee in the morning while Freya slept in. Being able to go there on her own, no one caring who she was, and if they noticed they never said anything. The stories Beth used to share with them, stories of Freya's childhood, her own personal ones. Meeting friends from Freya's childhood, they had met up with Evan the other day for lunch and to say he was just as surprised as his sister to see Freya back in town was an understatement.

During the evenings the two blondes would venture down to the beach, sinking their feet into the sand, and if they were brave enough letting their toes touch the icy water. Instantly regretting it afterward.

The small cottage even had a make shift music room Taylor found herself spending time in, a baby grand piano and an acoustic 6 string guitar as well as a ukulele. She wasn't necessarily writing new music, but sometimes an idea or phrase would pop into her head and she would just need to strum it out. On other nights the pair would just jam out to Shania Twain songs.

"Umm Tay?" Freya rounded the corner of the den, where she knew Taylor was curled up on the sofa reading her book. Freya had gotten a song idea a few minute ago and told Taylor she would be right back.

"Hmm" Taylor asked marking her book and setting it down, turning all her attention on to the blonde who stood by the door.

"I have some news?" Freya said a little questioningly.

"Uh oh" Taylor looked at her nervously.

"My parents are an hour away" She said nervously "they wanted to make a surprise trip apparently"

Taylor didn't know what to say, was she ready to meet Freya's parents. However she knew Freya wasn't ready to come out...how would they act, would they need to sleep in separate bedrooms to keep up the its 'just friends' facade. Taylor didn't wanna do that.

"I'm sorry" Freya sighed walking into the room and sitting next to the singer.

"Hey no it's okay" Taylor smiled softly pulling her in for a quick hug.

"It'll be fun okay?" Taylor reassured.

Freya nodded slowly against the singers chest "but I don't think I'm ready to..." She trailed off.

"That's okay" Taylor nodded "we'll figure it out"

"Now is there anything we need to do before they come? I can help you" Taylor offered placing a quick kiss to the brits hairline.

Both blondes got to work in cleaning the cottage, changing the sheets in the bedrooms and hoovering the hardwood floors and carpets.

"I'm not ready to come out but I'm not sleeping in different bedrooms" Freya spoke up as they were cleaning the kitchen counters.

"I'm not going to lie to you I'm so relived you said that" Taylor giggled "I don't think I could sleep without you either"

"I'll follow your lead in this okay?" Taylor added.

Freya nodded as she turned to look at the singer "I'm sorry by the way" she spoke quietly.

"What for?" Taylor asked confusedly