015

OMG LAVENDAR HAZE MUSIC VIDEO?!?!?!?!

you know where im gonna be at midnight (5am :((( timezones really do suck)

12th November, London

"I'm sorry I can't go with you dear" Edith sighed with regret, as she dusted the shoulders of Freya's black blazer.

Staring at her reflection in her childhood vanity she lifted a hand to rest upon her mothers on her shoulder. "It's okay" Freya nodded sincerely "Arthurs gonna be there with me" she took a deep breath "and I don't want this to hurt your feelings but I think it would be a lot harder for me with you there" She said honestly turning on the stool to face her mothers concerned eyes.

"I'm so proud of you" Edith said softly before placing a kiss on her daughters hairline "you're gonna be just fine, and once this is all over we'll celebrate okay?"

Freya smiled softly, however it didn't quite reach her eyes like her smiles usually did. She didn't want to celebrate once this was over. She just wanted things to go back to normal, whatever normal was. She didn't want the sympathetic looks from her mother, or the way her brother would clench his fist when he learnt something knew. She didn't want to have another conversation with her grandfather who told her to take all the time she needed. Her father constantly asking her if she needed anything? If she was alright. She wanted her drive back, she wanted to find her purpose again.

"You ready?" Arthur appeared at the door of her bedroom. They had remodelled it a little when Freya moved back in. She was a little reluctant to move back in with her parents, but three months in she knows this was the best decision she made. They painted her once pink walls a light shade of grey, replacing the small single bed with a double and taking down the posters of Justin Timberlake Freya had hung up proudly on display as a teen. Convinced that she would meet him one day and they would fall in love.

"As ready as I'll ever be" She took a deep breath, glancing at herself one more time in the mirror. Hair slicked back into a pony tail. What looked like minimal and natural make up, but was really a lot of concealer, foundation and powder to hide the dark circles under her eyes, and the way her cheek bones had hollowed out.

She stood up fixing her trousers a little. It was no lie that Freya had lost weight over the last few months. When questioned by her mother she just dismissed it as stress, which was true. She had been extremely stressed these last couple of months leading to this day. She also knew that, this was only the beginning today. The court case was set to last over the next week, with various testimonies, evidence given. Luca had called people from his Gym to testify what a great guy he was. Freya on the other hand, had the Nurse who completed her rape kit from June 15th. The police officer who came to their apartment after their neighbours had complained of yelling and what sounded like a bad argument. She also had the tape from her break up, in which Luca tried to manipulate her to stay. She knew she had all this but she also knew stripping all this back, this trial was a he said vs she said trial. Her fate lied in the hands of 12 people she had never met, 12 people that probably hated the fact that they got called in for jury duty, 12 people who had better places to be and probably wanted this to be over as quickly as possible.

The hearing was last week, bail was set at £2,000, having no family to bail him out Luca had remained in police custody the last few days. Seeing him for the first time since the break up at the hearing was hard. Freya's parents had joined her then, but today she kindly requested that didn't. Edith however had told Freya after the hearing that she wasn't sure she could come to the trail, the insight as to what her daughter had been dealing with for years, was making her feel physically unwell. How did she not notice the signs, how did she praise this boy when he was hurting her baby. She failed as a mother, and even though Freya had told her countless of times she didn't, she still struggled to believe it.