017

Heyyy, slightly shorter chapter but really important. I'm sorry its a little bitty but it goes through a bit of a timeline. Make sure you follow the dates above each section. The chapter starts in 2015 and ends in 2017 so the dates are important!

2nd December 2015, London

Freya quietly strummed the 12 string guitar on her lap. The same one her grandparents gifted to her for her 12th birthday. It had gotten Freya through a lot over the years. Heartache, new friendships, failed friendships, teenage angst, arguments with her mum, feeling left out, loosing her grandmother, watching her brother settle down and start his own family the list was endless. Even now at 24, the same 12 string, gloss black guitar was getting her through a heartache she couldn't quite describe. It had nothing to do with loosing Luca, the idea of loosing Luca became a reality when the person she fell in love with changed. She had already grieved her relationship with Luca, she had already experience the heartache and moved on from it all while still being with him. This feeling was different. She couldn't be mad, she didn't have a claim over Taylor, Taylor was free to do whatever she wanted. The same way Freya knew she could, the difference was Freya didn't want to.

Waking up and seeing the grainy photos a couple of weeks ago was something, and even after all those days had passed Freya still didn't know how to feel about it. Was everything they shared over the summer even true? Or was Taylor just using her to get back at Karlie and get under her skin. She wished the second one wasn't true, but if it was, Taylor scheming had worked by the way they openly locked lips at a concert.

Her thoughts were interrupted by her dad gently clearing his throat and entering the dimly lit music room. Dark green wallpaper covered the walls. The pillar at the far back containing pen marks with different initials and corresponding dates. FT, AT, and now Arthurs kids ET and at the very bottom NT. Recalling the way Arthur held a newborn Nathan as best as he could against the pillar while Henry made the mark made Freya smile. A piano stood in the far corner with a few guitars scattered across the room.

"You've been spending a lot of time in here" Henry noted as he walked into the room taking a seat on the old mahogany sofa.

Freya could only offer him a small smile as she looked at him and stopped strumming "Lot on my mind I guess"

"Play me something?" Henry asked knowing his daughter had been spending her days writing knew melodies and dreaming up lyrics.

Freya hesitated as she busied herself with turning the pegs on the guitar that was already tuned to perfection.

"No questions asked" Henry added, making Freya's head shoot up. A phrase she hadn't heard in this setting in so long. Those three words said to her in this exact room brining her great nostalgia.

Freya had always struggled opening up to her parents telling them what was bothering her, she hated any form of confrontation. So she always wrote about it instead. Her dad was quick to catch on, and anytime he wanted to know what was going through his daughters head he'd throw out the same sentence. 'Pay me something, no questions asked'. A rule they obeyed religiously. Freya could play anything say anything, as a teen it was the only chance she was able to curse sometimes she took advantage of that, even now as an adult she still didn't curse freely infront of her parents. Her grandmothers words echoing in her head 'people who curse are people who don't have a vocabulary big enough to express themselves'. She could say whatever she wanted in these songs, and she knew her father wouldn't dare ask any questions, he wouldn't even try. She'd play, he'd listen and they'd instantly move on. It offered Henry an insight, it let him know his daughter was okay, even when she was struggling. It also allowed him to see in what ways he could help without being over bearing. Freya was a daddy's girl at heart, and she would always cherish these moments with him.