014

Happy Sunday! and also... sorry?

The song that gets sung in this chapter is Noah (stand still) by Noah Cyrus. I'm obsessed. 

August 23rd, Rhode Island

The girls were sat outside on picnic blankets in the grass, enjoying the last few days of warmth as the summer was coming to an end. Freya had Taylors white Gibson guitar on her lap and was just mindlessly strumming in the sun as Taylor was sitting back against a sycamore tree reading her book, whilst enjoying Freya's strumming. The younger blonde had become a lot more confident in playing in front of the singer. Ever since she filled in for some her band members throughout several rehearsals. Sometimes she'd even hum along to whatever she was strumming and Taylor adored being able to witness this. She found it so attractive how calm and relaxed Freya looked whenever she was playing an instrument, today was no different.

As Freya was playing she began to hum along to song Taylor had never heard before. Freya was completely lost in the melody, not noticing how the American singer was watching her, Taylor closed her book, setting it aside as she listened. She closed her eyes as she lent back against the tree and listened intently to the words Freya had started singing.

"When I turned twenty, I was overcome with the thought that I might not turn twenty-one. Death upon my doorstep if I took just one more step, There'd be nothing left of me except these songs"

Freya strummed along to the song, as she looked out at the ocean, staring at the horizon where sky met sea and could go as far as her eyes could see. There was not a single cloud in sight. The perfect august day.

"And my father told me, Freya when you don't know where you're going just stand still, soon enough you will. And when all the hope and joy you feel turns into paranoia cause it will, Remember just stand still. Just stand still"

Freya stopped singing but kept strumming, she seemed lost in thought.

"Did you write that?" Taylor asked interrupting Freya's wandering mind. With a question she already thought she knew the answer to by the name drop of Freya's own name.

"Yea my dad and I" Freya confirmed, turning her gaze to look at Taylor.

"It stunning" Taylor said amazed "The lyrics the melody, the feeling. It's amazing" Taylor couldn't compliment it enough. "Is that all you have? She asked wanting to hear more.

"No" Freya shook her head with a small smile "it's a fully complete song but he usually takes this next verse and my voice doesn't go as low as his" She chuckles.

"Can I try?" Taylor asked, she didn't want to impose on the song but selfishly, she also wanted to hear the rest of it.

Freya pulled out her phone, form the back pocket of her jean shorts. She opened her notes app scrolling down quite a bit before opening the lyrics to the song. The heading was Freya (Stand still).

"Start from the second verse?" Freya asks as she returns to strumming the same chord progression. "Its the same melody" she added.

Taylor nodded as she looked down at the lyrics on the phone, and began singing along to Freya's strumming as best she could.

"As you get older it gets harder to change, you might find yourself alone with just your shame. But it's not over, it's all gonna be okay. And when times are tough remember what I say"

Freya smiled up at Taylor, letting her know she was singing it exactly how it was meant to be sung. She then joined Taylor on the next line as they both sang in perfect harmony. Freya taking the higher notes, and taking Taylor a little off guard, but the singer was quick to recover and keep singing.