026

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for being so patient. This is the last chapter of Paper Rings. Sequel info at the end!

June 11th, Nashville

The girls had been living in Nashville for around a month now, Taylor was still laying low career wise, however she had recently been talking to Jack about starting to record album 6. She had a lot of ideas swirling around her head. Freya had been going to therapy twice a week, at the start it was hard. Opening up and trusting a complete stranger with all your secrets, intrusive thoughts, everything under the sun really was super daunting. Caroline was really understanding of that, she gave Freya time to say whatever she wanted. They weren't really following a structure yet, she would mostly just let Freya talk, occasionally asking some questions and then giving her different coping mechanisms to try. Freya could tell she felt lighter after her sessions, almost as if she was sharing her load with someone she knew wouldn't actively carry it. She was almost passing on the baton and finishing the race.

"Babe I'm home!" Freya called out in the entryway, as she set Taylors house keys back in the bowl.

'Home' Taylor smiled to herself in the kitchen as she was chopping some fruit, for a fruit salad. Her parents and Austin were coming over for dinner tonight, so she thought she may as well get a head start. "Kitchen"

"Hey" Freya smiled, stealing a piece of mango from the chopping board and popping it into her mouth.

"Hey" Taylor swatted her hands away "that's for the salad" She pouted, as Freya lifted herself to sit on the counter. "How was your session?" Taylor asked like she always would. Sometimes she'd get a short response and they'd go about their day, other times Freya would want to talk about it, or go take a nap, write a song, or text Taylor that she was going for a short drive. This time Freya had come straight home.

"Good" She nodded truthfully. "Spoke a lot about Ellery today..." She trailed off.

Taylor set her knife down turning her undivided attention on Freya. She expected the brit to be upset, she expected Freya's red rimmed eyes which she had sadly been getting used to, she knew this was all the process of healing but she hated that on some days all she could do was let Freya cry it out.

"I'm okay" Freya hummed truthfully, seeing Taylors reaction.

Taylor nodded squeezing her leg before going back to cutting fruit. Maybe this would be a good day, she thought to herself.

"I don't know" Freya sighed, leaning back against the cabinets. "It just got me thinking you know, like what if I didn't lose her, what if I had"

Taylor hummed showing she was listening but letting Freya speak freely.

"Well she'd be, she would've just turned three" She spoke "don't get me wrong I'd love to have her here but at the same time, she would've left me permanently tied to Luca, what if then I would've never left him. I probably would've stayed with him for her, for her to have her dad in the picture. Or what if I stayed with him for her and then he hurt her, or she saw him hurting me. Or I had her and I did leave him, He would still be her dad, she'd still be 50% of him, and then what about us, I probably wouldn't have gone to your party with Cara, we probably would've never met" She went through all the different scenarios.

"So maybe I had to lose her you know" She spoke as Taylor added the chopped mango into the bowl.

"Does that make me a bad mother?" She looked at the singer, who immediately shook her head.

"No" Taylor responded moving to stand between Freya's legs. "I think it makes you human, and I know if she was here you would've done everything in your power for her" She added "You're healing Fae" Taylor spoke proudly. "I'm proud of you"