The job in Arstotzka.

Me: Hey, Sunny!

Sunny: Yeah? 

Me: Guess who just got a new job?

Sunny: *Gasp* No way!

Me: Yep~

Sunny: Good job Peater!

Me: I won't be back for a month though...

Sunny: Why's that?

Me: I need to go to another country for it.

Sunny: What IS this job then?

Me: It's a job as an inspector at a border checkpoint.

Sunny: So, what? You check peoples passports and check them for bombs and stuff? *She says, with a giggle in her voice.*

Me: Exactly.

Sunny: O-Oh...

Then, we heard the sound of a taxi arriving.

Me: Well, I best be off now.

Sunny: Ok, bye Peater!

Me: Bye! Oh and Sunny?

Sunny: Yeah?

Me: Glory to Arstotzka!

I then left to go to my new job.

Sunny: ... HUH?!

After a 13 hour trip, I finally arrived at the apartment I was to stay at. It was a small place. It was a three room apartment with a kitchen/living room, a bedroom and a bathroom. The place smelled ok, not amazing, just ok.

Me: Eh, it's good enough for a month.

I went to sleep and in the morning, I made myself some food and checked the newspaper.

Grestin Border Checkpoint Opens At Last!

After 6 Long Years. Can the Ministry of Admission Keep Us Safe?

Me: 6 years? I better do a good job then...

I walked the quarter mile to my post, as I'm walking, I see a soldier in Arstotkan uniform. Due to my military background, I saluted at him as I went past.

Soldier: Good morning Inspector.

Me: Good morning sir.

I continued until I got to a little booth which I suspected was where I was meant to be. I went in. It was a nice and cosy little place. It was nice to be out of the cold. I took my hat and gloves off and saw a little book and a note on the desk.

Me: Huh?

I read the note and it told me to approve all Arstotzkans and deny the rest.