Chapter 1

It was another day in the peaceful Green Hills, for once all mobians could sit back and relax. It had been a hectic year, it started off great but it soon ended badly. Turns out not all were meant to get their happy endings. 

Currently three hedgehogs sat at the famous willow tree which brought them comfort and love. A place which overlooked all of Green Hills, a place the three cherished in their hearts. They sat with their respective partners well, two of them since the youngest was free to be single. 

"Silver, do you think the twins are with our parents?" The youngest spoke up. 

"Dash, I know so, they will be causing mayhem for the two" Silver answered sadly, a hand tightened their grip on his own. There in his lap was his wife, Blaze the Cat. In the middle of Blaze's pregnancy she received some terrible news. Her babies she was carrying had a high percentage chance in been born still born. The two new parents were devastated but for Blaze to survive she had to have a surgery. Thankfully, Silver knew someone who could do that or in other words Espio took the two to the Shinobi Clan as long as they swore to secrecy. In the end, the two newborns passed on without even opening their eyes. Silver blamed himself and had some hate towards his own mother.

For reasons due to Shadows DNA being entirely different and it turned out if Silver wanted kids, he was more than likely going to lose them more than meet them. In the end, Blaze and Silver got married and decided to adopt in the end. They ended up adopting Dash in case anything happened to him. The youngest didn't care since he lived in a house with both siblings. Shade was highly protective over her brothers so she made sure Silver signed the paperwork properly in case anything happened. At some point in the future, Silver and Blaze would like to adopt but for now they would need to recover even if it had been months. It takes time to heal and that's what they needed. 

"I thought I'd find you guys here, Tails needs to see you three immediately" Charmy shouted from a few feet away from them.

Shade, Silver and Dash shared a look. The three were quick to sprint off with Violet, Blaze and Charmy following at a much slower pace which quickened when Silver opened a portal for them. Not even five minutes later, the six arrived in Tail’s workshop only to gasp at who else was there. Many of their family was there, even the guardian of the master emerald himself. Looking around the room Dash couldn’t contain his excitement. Knuckles wasn't one for leaving angel island so for him to be sitting in the room with Rouge, it must have been something big. Dash was quick to make his way to his Uncle's side, Knuckles pulled him close while the last to arrive was Mighty, Espio and Ray. The chameleon looked a bit sick which had the chaotix worried but from Mighty's expression they gathered they would find out soon enough. 

Tails stood at the front of the audience with a sad look which alerted the conversation to start.

"Guys, we have a problem?"

"What is it, Tails?" Vector asked, Vanilla smiled from beside him where she sat with Cream, Vector Junior and the fox twins. 

"Last night while I was out on patrol of Emerald Hills, I stumbled upon some readings and where Eggman's old base is. I discovered a reading of darkness, something is coming and it…" 

The slamming of a door opening made the whole room jump. Knuckles leapt into action putting himself beside Mighty and Espio while the door to the room opened revealing a hammer wielding pink hedgehog who looked to have been in a fight.

"Amy?!" Rouge exclaimed, none of them had seen the pink hedgehog since Sonic and Shadows funeral. She just took off without a word leaving behind her trusty hammer and not even a letter.

"Tails, Knuckles. Sorry to barge in but you have to see this!" Amy dragged the two outside only for them all to gasp. Soon enough everyone joined them outside and all attention turned to the purple spear-like fortress raised out of the ground. 

"I'M BACK! AND I'VE BROUGHT SOME FRIENDS!!! HAHAHA!" 

There in the flesh in front of them all was the one and only annoying Dr Eggman.

All the freedom fighters groaned; they thought he was gone.

"How is he alive!" 

"I thought Shadow killed him!" Rouge looked at knuckles who nodded. 

"Mother did what?" Dash asked out of curiosity, aware of his siblings' looks of horror. Shade, Silver and Dash had just learned something about their mother other than him being cold-blooded apparently now he was a killer. Knuckles gave Rouge a dirty look, all of them had been trying to keep Shadows' background a bit more hidden due to Silver’s already hate for his mother. 

"HAHA! Have you missed me!!!" Dr Eggman shouted out from where he was in his new and improved floating mobile vehicle. 

"Doctor! How are you alive?!" Rouge yelled earning herself the attention which prompted Eggman to look at the small group and frown, where was the blue rat? 

Eggman only smiled pointing behind him as a figure emerged from a purple portal. There in front of them stood a jackal of some sort beside a smirking now revived Mephiles and his partner Arlo who had somehow survived all them years ago. 

The freedom fighters stood with wide eyes as the older ones moved the younger behind them knowing there would be small arguments but one glare from Knuckles made them keep their thoughts to themselves. 

Mephiles smirked, overlooking them all until his eyes landed on a certain black and red female hedgehog, his inner thoughts overtaking him as he planted clones around them all. They were all severely outnumbered, Knuckles groaned as Vanilla took the fox twins back in the house. The youngest outside was Dash who had instructions to remain by his siblings' sides at all times. The cobalt/red striped hedgehog wasn't happy but bidded by the rules for now.

Together the freedom fighters fought for peace on Mobius which had been interrupted after years of it not being in some type of war. Knuckles grimaced as Espio hit the floor hard and didn't get back up. Mighty looked at his partner and stood over him while Violet fought back to back with Shade, the two working in sync to protect Dash who was a blue blur all of a sudden. Tails smiled at his nephew as he used his gadgets to protect himself, Cream and Charmy. Cheese was currently with the twins and Vanilla. 

Mephiles was frustrated just who was this hedgehog who could meet his powers! For heaven's sake he was being shown up by a copy of his greatest enemy Shadow the Hedgehog so where was the Ultimate Lifeform and was this really his daughter? Where was that annoying rat? It seemed he wasn't the only one getting annoyed, Dr Eggman had a few things to say about the annoying Silver and Blue/red hedgehogs, the two seemed to best him at everything. These mobians were confusing them. 

The only one who seemed to be challenging Infinite was the purple chameleon who was mainly beside the angry protective armadillo. Something about the purple chameleon interested Infinite, so the jackal continued for the two knocking the other mobians out of the way like the flies they were. Rouge screamed when a blade of some sort went straight through her wing knocking her out of the sky. She felt her body plummet to the ground at a high velocity speed when she found herself swept up in a green light. 

She gasped when her back hit something solid and she found herself staring up at an old ceiling. Footsteps to the right of her had her on her feet quicker than one could say 'Jewels'. 

Turning her head a surprised gasp left her vocal cords just as her teal eyes connected with Emerald ones. 

"Sonic?"

"Rouge!?"

I'm back! Here you go! First Chapter up and running!
Let me know what you thought in the comment section below!