Chapter 2

There standing in front of her was none other than a pale cobalt hedgehog who wore a smile of a lifetime. Rouge didn't know what to do, the missing hero who had died with her best friend was standing right in front of her. The difference was the cobalt hedgehog had a scarred arm and his shoes were worn down showing that he was still the same sonic except for the fact the shoes had drawings etched into them. Almost like the hero had been bored and started doodling. 

"But! You DIED!" Rouge yelled. 

"Geez! Lay off the shouting! I know I did and…"

"Wait! What about Shadow!?" 

"Rouge if you let me…"

"OMG! What am I going to tell the others? Knuckles! Tails!...ow!" 

Rouge turned to see the one who had slapped her, she glared at the hero in blue who only smiled. 

"If you let me speak, I will explain what happened to me but first I think our friends need a little bit of help, don't you?" 

Rouge could only nod as she recognised the place they were. The Ark?! Omg why didn't they think of coming here to check for anything unless…

"Sonic, where are we?" 

"The Ark but the Black Arms Version" Sonic admitted moving through the maze of corridors with ease. Rouge ran to catch up as the blue blur suddenly came to a halt in front of none other than Eclipse. The alien ignored Rouges' accusing glare as he passed Sonic, a type of device which the bat could only gather was a portal device. Years of being a spy made the bat guess right as Sonic activated it and soon enough the two were running through it.

Meanwhile In Emerald Hills…

They were getting too old for this, Vector grimaced, smashing another Mephiles clone while defending Dash who was exhausted. The young hedgehog currently fought for his life but he had been away from the green emerald too long, thankfully Blaze had that covered as she passed the small necklace over. Silver quickly slipped it on his brother's neck until it needed to be taken off. Damn! His mother for his curse! Shade glared at her brother for thinking those thoughts. Yes the three were linked and could hear each other unaware that a certain cobalt hedgehog and particular purple chameleon could hear to.

"Knuckles! Rouge is missing!" Blaze shouted earning the guardians full attention, his partner was gone. "Espio!!!" Mighty's roar had them all turning to see Infinite had the chameleon in his grasp and was currently draining the chaos energy from Espio who grimaced in pain while trying to fight back. Arlo smirked from beside Mephiles until he felt a power like no other. A booming sound halted the area, everyone gasped when a portal opened and a blur dived out hitting Infinite with some force. Sending the Jackal and Espio flying, thankfully Mighty caught his partner and began to check him over. Violet ran for her parents, her anxiety through the roof as she was sworn to secrecy. Espio swore he was okay but the two weren't having it knowing his secret. 

"Rouge?!" Knuckles called out looking at his disgruntled partner with concern, the bat only smirked, directing everyone's attention to the booming sound in front of them all. It couldn't be! Tails thought as a blue blur landed in front of them.

"YOU RAT!" 

"For the last time, Egghead, I'm a Hedgehog not a RAT!" Sonic yelled glowing an aura of crimson and spin dashing into the fortress which blew into a smithereens. Granting the retreat of the enemies via a portal from Infinite who stared down his enemy. Sonic only remained standing glaring at the new enemy in front of him until they all disappeared. 

When the hero in blue turned around he was met with a mix of looks ranging from shock to anger. 

"Hey…" Sonic was cut off by a certain twin tailed fox slamming into his chest and a furious echidna hugging him. The guardian took a minute to compose himself and glare at the blue hedgehog.