Chapter 17

A blinding flash of light filled the Ark window as six hedgehogs hit the deck hard. Sonic groaned looking around to see Silver had landed on top of him while Shade was curled around Rose. 

Movement to the right revealed to be Shadow who had stood up with Dash in his arms, the youngster smiling. 

"Welcome back, Project Shadow. Error Code in place. Code required for entrance to the Ark" 

A montone computer voice alerted them all, waking any of them dosing. Shadow didn't say anything as he moved over to a nearby wall and placed his hand against it. They all watched as the wall folded back to show what looked like a cryo-chamber, Shadow placed his hand against the glass. He knew exactly where he was, his room. 

"Woah, what's this?" Dash called out picking up a rocket of somesort. "A toy, now put it down and don't touch anything" Shadow warned, moving to set up.

"Computer, Code:32564. Activate: TTQ5X, disallow protocol. Password:Maria50" Shadow spoke up. Without warning something dropped out of the wall, Shadow smiled picking the familiar object up. Sonic frowned until Shadow turned whatever device it was on which turned out to be a little robot. 

"Shadow! You have returned, is it time to go" the small robot cried out, reminding Sonic of Cubot. "No, access codes:271" Shadow said, looking off to the side as the cryo-chamber opened. "Granted, returning to status" The robot then shut down, returning to its natural ball shape. Shadow put down the one who he tinkered with when he was only a hoglet. 

"Who's first?" 

They were all startled to hear Shadow's voice being directed at them. 

"Dad, can go," Dash said, pushing Sonic forward. Shadow smiled until Sonic just shook his head. 

"I will go first because I trust you, papa," Rose spoke up, climbing into the chamber. "How long will it take?" She asked, "Two minutes, with slight pain" Shadow warned, injecting his adoptive daughter with a needle. Rose nodded as her eyes slipped close. Shadow groaned, removing his inhibitor rings and opening a draw where his actual ones sat. Shadow picked them up and twisted them onto his wrists as his hands glowed. One was on the chamber, the other on his own chest as he activated the chamber through his own powers. 

The others watched as the black arms blood left Rose into a container. Shadow tried not to look at Rose whose body squirmed until the procedure was done. 

Once it was done, Shadow turned to his other children. "You three need to make a pure chaos bond with Sonic before I put you through this procedure, so you keep your chaos abilities" Shadow explained, rubbing his forehead. Rose hugged him as she activated the small robot and got to know the one who took care of her papa when he was a hoglet. 

Sonic nodded directing his children to do it, Shade and Silver complied straight away but Dash was more conflicted. 

"But, mama. I don't wanna lose my connection with you, what happens if someone hurts you and I can't feel you? Please, I don't want this!" Dash cried out, Shadow sighed kneeling down to come to his level. "Dash, the longer you are connected to me. The more of a chance you will be hurt in the process. By connecting with Sonic means you can keep your chaos powers, you will be a pure blood once I take the nasty blood out of you"

"But! Part of that nasty blood is you! Mama please" Dash whined hugging Shadows chest. 

The ultimate lifeform sighed, "Computer, find Project Light and show experiment". Just as Shadow finished a screen beside them all lit up. Shadow turned his attention to the screen and spoke, "This is what happens when a pure chaos mobian ends up with Black Arms Blood in their systems too long".