Chapter 6

(Warning: Mild Torture, blood reference, Death Ref)

The cavern ceiling collapsed, effectively cutting the two older hedgehogs off from their baby brother. Shade shouted out in fear as the cave started to fall apart, Silver and Violet had to drag her away or they would risk death and then they wouldn’t be able to find the youngest. 

“Get out of here” 

A whispered warning alerted them all, Violet was struggling to maintain her chaos energy and the two hedgehog’s could see it, especially Shade. The daughter of the famous ninja grabbed the two and murmured ‘Chaos Control’ as her eyes slipped into the darkness she was unaware of the two smiling enemies looking down at her and two hedgehogs. 

A snap of sudden pain jolted her from her thoughts, Violet gasped when the pain returned. Opening her eyes she found herself sitting opposite Shade who was chained up to a chair and beside the two was a hanging Espio, the older chameleon didn’t look to be awake, nevermind breathing but when his right eye opened. Relief spread through Violet’s chest, her mother was still alive. 

“I’m glad you could join us” The voice of none other than Eclipse reached her ears, Violet turned her head to take in the room only to gasp, a cage full of her family sat opposite her and there standing at the bars with a desperate look was none other than her desperate father. Mighty the Armadillo stood glaring at Eclipse beside an equally angry Sonic and Silver. The speedster was furious how dare Eclipse think he could harm his family, once he got out of his cuffs he would make sure Eclipse suffered.

“Now, the fun can begin,” Eclipse said, lifting Espio’s chin to make sure the chameleon was listening. “The rules are simple, you answer my questions and I won’t hurt your daughter or Sonic’s daughter. Got it? Good”. Espio only glared at him while shifting his gaze over to Sonic who nodded. 

“What’s your name?” 

“Espio” 

“Name” 

“Go to hell” Espio gritted out only to receive a shock of a lifetime to the side. Eclipse grabbed his chin harshly, “Don’t try to play smart with me, you will answer truthfully. Do you understand me?” Espio could only blink receiving another prod in the side, he groaned in pain. Mighty watched with wide eyes, two sets of hands rested on his shoulders. Those hands belonged to none other than Knuckles and Vector, they would have punched their way out of the cell but it seemed there was some type of energy surrounding the field which made them weak. 

“Name” 

“Espio” 

“Fine, if that’s how it's going to be…” Eclipse turned to Violet and held up a pistol to her head, “3…2…”

“Prince Espionage of the Shinobi Clan” 

Eclipse whipped around, certainly not expecting that answer, he grinned moving the gun away from Violet’s head and received a nod from Infinite to proceed. 

“See, that was easy. Let’s try this again” 

Espio felt eyes on him, especially those belonging to the guardian who wished to protect the chameleon. 

“Who is your father?” 

“...” 

“Who is your mother?” 

“...” 

“Did you or did you not slaughter a certain echidna’s brother for the…” 

“Leave him alone!” Violet yelled cutting off the question all together, she glared at Eclipse who only challenged her with his own. Espio grimaced watching his daughter with his careful eyes, the one who had the constant need to protect him.