Chapter 15

(Bold: Secret Language - Shinobi Clan)

Elsewhere…

"Wick?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you feel that?"

"No, what's wrong?" 

"A shift in chaos balance, I think your son has done something" 

"How is he my son when he has done something?" 

"Wick?"

"Fine, I will check with Aria and see what's wrong" 

"Yes" 

"Now, while I do that why don't you see if you can connect with your son" 

"Ahh, do I have to" 

"Nic"

"Fine, you don't need to get your knickers in a twist" 

"..."

"I can't connect with him, something's gone major up!" 

"Same, Aria says she and Slicer can handle it. You're teleporting this time" 

"Fine hold on"

Meanwhile…

Sonic frowned down at the cryo-chamber for not the first time. He wasn't the only one looking at the chamber, nope Shade, Silver and Dash had surrounded it too. Espio's words had woken something in the four of them. It had only been seven hours and 23 minutes which meant Shadow had 37 minutes left before Rouge would wake him. Sonic couldn't help but brood as he thought back to the many arguments he had with his partner who seemed to push himself past his limits all the time.

A choking sound alerted them to Shadow who twisted in the chamber, his eyes flying open and glowing a strange black. On instinct Sonic went to open the chamber only to have himself pulled back.

"No Sonic"

"But he's suffering" 

"Shadow made me promise not to open it no matter what. We have to wait eight hours exactly" Rouge said in his ear, she was struggling to not reach out and open it knowing Shadow knew what he was doing even if it was scaring the daylights out of his family and friends.

"Why the hell didn't he tell me!" Sonic whined, "Because you don't trust him, none of you do". A voice broke through the silence, all attention turned to Manic who entered with Sonia following. Sonic hung his head, "No offence bro, but Shadow has been through hell and back for you all and yet when he asks you to trust him. You turn your back on him. Personally I would have allowed him to do what he was going to do in the mystic caves" Manic continued, Sonic twisted around on his younger brother. "You would have allowed him to kill a kid!" Sonic yelled at Manic who only crossed his arms, "It wasn't a kid and you know it. It was Infinite in a different form! His trapped form! Shadow was ready to kill him but you stopped him. Why!?" Manic shouted back. 

The hero looked conflicted, "Because I don't want him to fall into his old ways. We made progress Shadow stopped being edgy and he changed, it's probably more to do with our kids but Shadow was changing for the better and…look, everytime he pulls out that gun. I get this weird feeling, I know we aren't back in Chris's dimension, but it's a reminder of every time I almost lost him. He means so much to me and I know he uses that weapon like a shield but when he pulls the trigger. I know he still thinks about Maria" Sonic explained hoping it made sense, "He was used and known as a project for years, a weapon. When I met him, I hated him with a passion but I managed to help him and that was the best thing I did. So the last thing I want is for him to spiral and lift the gun up. Unless, it's for protection rather than him just picking up. Which is why I confiscated Shades' weapons, I don't want her to turn into what her mother is trying to avoid: Black Doom's Son. A weapon". The hero sat down after his long rant, small hands wrapped around him. Dash was immediately wrapped up in Sonic's arms. Silver slings an arm around his father while Shade takes a step towards them. Her presence was enough.