Chapter 13

Back to the present… 

Sonic couldn’t help but glare at Mephiles as they worked side by side taking down the enemy, the two wondered just what the hell was Shadow’s plan? Dash and Silver suddenly appeared confused in a green light.

“Dad! Where’s mother?” Dash asked, speeding around taking out any robots trying to sneak up on the twin foxes. 

“It’s complicated” Sonic responded, using his spin-dash to take out the enemy. Infinite glared at the purple chameleon who disappeared again, the jackal looked around for a clue and then smiled when he spotted a trace of blood. Using his powers he was able to track the injured chameleon, Espio gasped when a hand wrapped around his throat and lifted him off his feet. 

“Caught you” Infinite teased as Espio fought back for control, the ninja grabbed a nearby weapon and plunged it into Infinite’s eye, the jackal let out a scream and let go of him. Espio gasped falling through the air, he tried to slow his fall and was sure he was going to hit the ground hard when someone actually plucked him out of the air. Looking around he noticed a smiling Silver, who gently put him on his feet. Espio nodded in ‘thanks’ as he destroyed the nearby robots only to feel lower pain. He dropped to a knee as pain spread through him. Silver was so concerned he dropped beside the one he called uncle. “Espio, what’s wrong?”. Looking up, Espio noticed how concerned the white hedgehog was, “It’s nothing, just an old injury” Espio replied, accepting Silver’s help. 

“Espio, don’t lie to me please. I’m sick of everyone lying to me, you have told me the truth all my life. Don’t start now. Ignore them, you can’t help your past. I just know now, you are here because you love us enough to protect us” Silver explained, pulling Espio behind a nearby building. The chameleon sighed, “Silver. You can’t tell anyone but I…I think I’m in labour” Espio grunted out, Silver’s eyes widened not expecting that response. 

“Want me to get Mighty?” 

“No, he needs to protect you. Not me, I can survive. I’ve counted it, I’m not ready for another eight hours, I will be fine” Espio explained, pushing himself to his feet. 

“But..” 

“Silver, please. Just do me one favour” 

“Anything” 

“Find your mother before it's too late” 

“But…he…” 

“He isn’t the reason you're unable to have kids, Shadow came to me when he and Sonic started dating. His alien dna could have killed Sonic so he asked for something. I provided it for him and then he could have children but after you, he was at a very high risk. You see his dna tried to kill you all and without my interception it would have. Sonic thought it was because he was infertile at first but it turns out whatever Dr Robotnik injected Shadow with made sure he would be a weapon and that was it. Shadow’s ability to manipulate time helps which is why you all grew up quickly, it was either you died or your life sped up a bit. It was one of the reasons why Sonic and Shadow argued so much when he was pregnant with Dash. It’s not your fault Silver, I can help you but you must understand, the process is painful and you need some other donor” 

“Are you saying you can get rid of the black arms blood?” Silver asked, Espio nodded, “I can but it comes with dire consequences especially if the other isn't one of chaos energy” Espio pointed out, he took a deep breath as he stitched up his side. “What type?” “You could lose your chaos abilities or it could backfire and separate you from your mother” Espio gritted his teeth. 

“Anything to have kids, it's a risk I’m willing to take” Silver said as Blaze appeared beside the two. 

“Or the other option is Shadow does it himself which means you keep your chaos energy and you lose the bond with your mother. Which means when he’s in pain, you won’t know about it. But, Shadow must agree to this and Sonic would be the one who would give you pure energy to save your life. It would also mean you couldn’t feel Shade or Dash unless you created pure bonds before you lost the dna” Espio explained, hoping it would make sense.