Chapter 9

One minute two mobians were using the chaos emerald, the next they were falling through a stream of pure chaos energy and landing in what looked like a deserted town. 

Sonic couldn't help but groan as he opened his eyes only to gasp when he couldn't work out where he was. Looking around all he could see was broken buildings, lava and a destroyed city. With another groan he pushed himself to his feet only to gasp, just beside him was his partner. Shadow was flat out holding a shattered green chaos emerald in his hand. 

"Shadow! Come on, wake up!" Sonic panicked slightly as he lifted Shadow into his arms once he got no response. A rumbling sound had him looking into the distance only to gasp, he squinted his eyes to see what looked like a flying mobian heading his way. He smiled hoping they were friendly but it soon dropped as a burst of power was thrown his way and he found himself tucked into a ball to stop himself from injury as he hit the wall of a broken structure. 

"Now, what do we have here? A black hedgehog, oh goodie, a new experiment!" 

"Hey hands off my partner!" Sonic roared spin dashing the human that looked a bit like Dr Eggman but was a female version. She laughed at him using her rockets on him unaware of the fact that he could easily take her down. Within minutes all rockets and missiles exploded away from him and she was in shock. With a burst of speed, Sonic knocked her far away from his partner who he scooped into his arms and ran for his life. Shadow's face twisted slightly almost like he was in pain. Sonic whispered words for him to hang on as he found a building with an opening in it and headed for a nearby corner. He placed Shadow down in a seating position only to smile when crimson eyes appeared behind the lids of his partner.

"Sonic?" 

"Shadz, am I glad you're awake. I don't know where we are, what we are doing here and more importantly…argh!" 

The blue speedster wasn't able to finish his sentence as something hard connected with the back of his head. Shadow couldn't move as his body sent him into an unconscious state yet again but he managed to get a glimpse of what looked like balaclava mobians. 

"OW!" Sonic groaned upon awakening as his head throbbed for a minute or two, wait when did he go to sleep? The blue speedster found himself sitting in a type of cell beside a fox and what looked like a crocodile. Wait, where was he? 

"Boss, the blue one is awake. Maybe you can ask him why he is with Mephiles the dark and has a green shattered crystal?"

A voice unknown to Sonic spoke up gaining his attention, the speedster looked around for his partner only to gasp when his eyes landed on him. Shadow the hedgehog was in a type of cryo-chamber floating in a type of liquid, oh how the ultimate Lifeform would freak if he woke up in that. Sonic needed to get him out of it and wherever they were. 

A clang on the cell bar made him jump, Sonic turned to see an echidna staring back at him. 

"Blue hedgehog, why are you with Mephiles the Dark!" The echidna roared at him while pointing at Shadow, Sonic took a minute to take in the echidna appearance. He was purple with red eyes and wore brass knuckles and dark leather straps around his body holding what looked like a gun. 

"My name is Sonic and that's Shadow my partner" as soon as he spoke, echoes of shock rang around the room.

"Your Sonic!"

"It can't be! You're dead!" 

Voices appeared, Sonic looked around the room as mobians started appearing. The fox looked at him in curiosity as he scanned the blue hedgehog, "He has Sonic's DNA but it's not possible!" The fox exclaimed looking at the evidence with the crocodile.