Chapter 8

(Black Arms Language - Bold - Italics)

“ATTACK!” Eggman ordered as his robots took point and aimed for the freedom fighters. Espio could only slump to his knees as he watched his mother attack, he was very aware it was a corpse but that didn’t help his pain. While fighting Mighty looked back only to gasp, Espio had fallen to his knees and was at the mercy of the robot that held the Bride of Vigil. Mighty had only met her a few times and that was when he married Espio and Violet was born. The chameleons liked to stay secret and Mighty couldn’t blame them but did Eggman have to go the extra mile or was it someone else. 

Thankfully someone stood in the way and knocked the robot back without even touching it. Rouge used another wing blast to knock it further away from the unresponsive chameleon. Knuckles kneeled down in front of his brother and managed to snap him out of his state. “Espio! Move!” His words seemed to break through the chameleon’s mind as a rain of rockets aimed for them. Espio rolled out of the way as he moved with his daughter, the two chameleons conflicted because this was against their laws. 

“Mother, what do we do? We can’t fight her!” Violet exclaimed, Espio looked around. “Go back to the clan and see if it's true. Speak to Silas” Espio instructed, Violet could only nod as she vanished out of sight. Thankfully just on time as another portal opened and Infinite made an appearance with a distraught Arlo beside him. Mephiles was nowhere in sight. Espio’s eyes connected with his rivals as well as Arlo who looked at him desperately. Thankfully Infinite didn’t see it as his eyes targeted one mobian in particular and he disappeared in a stream of purple only to reappear in front of the startled mobian. 

“DASH! NO!” Sonic roared in anger when Infinite disappeared with his youngest however he didn’t have the small hedgehog long as a flash of green freaked out Infinite and Dash disappeared in a blue blur as the jackal found himself face to face with one angry mother. Shadow the hedgehog wasn’t a happy hedgehog when was he ever, those were Rouge’s words but then again the bat didn’t have a say in his feelings now as he stood opposite the jackal who had caused all this. His thoughts went back to the day Silver got trapped and Dash was born, it was a day of living hell. Espio was ready to sacrifice his life and Shadow probably should have let him but he wouldn’t be called the ultimate lifeform if he allowed others to destroy themselves. He had no problem doing it to himself but to others it was a no go which is why Infinite needed to be either destroyed or taken back to his coffin. 

“Shadow the hedgehog, I thought we would meet again. I just never expected to see you this close to the end of not only Emerald Hills but yours too” Infinite chuckled as he assessed his enemy, the jackal noticed one thing. Shadow wasn’t radiating with a powerful aura instead it was pulled close to his body almost like he wasn’t at full power. Smirking under the mask, Infinite created an energy ball which should be easy to block to one full of chaos energy but it seemed the jackal was going to expose the ultimate lifeform. With the thrust of his hand, Infinite sent it in the hedgehog’s direction. Shadow held a hand up ready for it but was caught off guard when it hit him with full force and he found himself falling. Tucking into a ball, he was aware of his body hitting the ground creating a creator almost like the time he fought with Sonic and almost killed the speedster. 

“SHADOW!” Speaking of the devil and he may appear, Shadow thought as he struggled to his feet, looking down at his hands he noticed his aura was missing. A cold icy grip appeared around his neck as he found himself lifted off his feet, he fought back trying to escape but soon found himself unable to. 

“SHADOW! LET HIM GO!” Sonic screamed noticing his partner's predicament, Shadow grunted kicking Infinite back and whispering ‘Chaos Spear’, thankfully luck was on his side as some chaos energy left his body and the spear hit Infinite dead on throwing the jackal far away from him. However, this meant his body was plummeting to the ground yet again, he waited for the impact only to gasp when someone caught him before he hit the solid ground. “Shadz?” Opening his eyes, crimson met emerald, “I’m good” Shadow grunted out trying to stand on his own only to fail, Sonic wrapped an arm around his waist, “I’m still not happy with you” Shadow grunted out, “We will speak later, for now let me help you” Sonic whispered back helping his partner hobble over to where the destroyed robots were and some freedom fighters. Team dark looked up in concern as Shadow found himself placed on a rock of some sort while Sonic kneeled in front of him.