Chapter 1- Virat Chavan

It was a star-studded evening. Handsome men and beautiful ladies are seated in their chairs facing the stage waiting for the host of the evening to announce the most prestigious award in the business world.

After creating some suspense the anchor said "and the best CEO of the year award goes to none other than dashing intelligent handsome Mr. Virat Chavan. Mr. Virat please come on the stage and say something."

There was a movement at a table and the whole auditorium turned towards the table while clapping continuously. An elderly man stood up from there and start to move towards the dias. The people started to whisper but the man ignored them. He took the award from the presenter and said "I am sorry my son Virat could not come because of some important work. I want to thank you all and our stuff on behalf of him."

A few kilometers away a young man seating on a leather sofa switched off the TV and gulped the whisky in his hand. His phone started to bip with endless congratulatory massages. He called his mother and said "Mom I am in my apartment and am fine. Don't worry about me. I have seen the news. My phone will be muted till tomorrow morning so if you will not get me on phone. If there is any emergency either call Mohit or Sunny they know where to find me.

After finishing his call with his mother he dialed another number, the number of his best friend cum PA and said " Sunny please do te press release and post thank you messages from all my social media accounts and company profiles. Answer my official mail. I will keep my phone on mute. If necessary find me in the apartment."

Before he mutes the phone it rang he looked at the caller ID and received it "Ya Mohit don't panic. I am fine. I will be ok and I will not drink much. If necessary I will call you but tonight I want to stay alone." after listing something from Otherside he continued "ok if I don't reach the office within 10,o clock tomorrow find me in the apartment. Don't worry bro."

He muted the phone and left it on the side table. Then made a peg for himself and walked towards the big portrait of himself "he made eye contact with the photo and said "Congrats Virat Chavan you won the best CEO award again. People are congratulating you for your success, dedication and hard work but nobody bloody nobody knows except family why your work so much. The media don't know you are a coward you work because you want to escape from yourself and your memories" he finished the glass in one go and walked towards a room picking up the bottle of whisky.

He entered a bedroom. The room of this posh apartment is very simple. There was a quine size bed in the middle, an iron almirah and a chest of drawers. The most prominent thing of the room was lfe size picture of a smiling young girl. There are also lots of pictures of that girl with Virat showing various moments of the young couple.

He walked straight to the life-size photo and talk with the photo "Hi Pakhi do you know today I won Best CEO of the year again? It was your dream to see me successful and see how successful and popular I am today. Business tycoon Virat Chavan but you are not here to see this day. Why? Why you left me? Do you remember it is exactly years? 4 years ago same day you left me. Your father wanted a professor for you, not a businessman and you left all of us to deal with. So easy for you to leave." then he took some sips from the bottle and sept.