Chapter 8- the Wedding talks

When joshi family omes back from the function Mr. Joshi told his daughters “bete get fresh and come down I want to talk with you two.” its very common in their home their parents discuss maximum things with them so Kaishma and Sai went to their room bickering about something to get fresh. 

When the sisters come back in their PJs they found their parents in their family lounge area with 4 cups of hot coffee and their fevorite chips. Generally their mother down allow them to have chips much so they were happy to see that. They sat on the floors and fight for the bowl of chips. 

Suddenly Mr. Joshi said “I dont feel that my daughters are at al grown up and people are giving marriage proposal for them.” both the sister stooped their fight hearing this. But Alka said “Kamal for you your daughters will always be 5 year old little girls but in reality Karishma is 27 and Sai is going to be 24 soon. Leave Karishma many of Sai’s schoolmates are also married. Your this my princesses are still young kept them unmarried.” 

Kamal showed his puppy face and to save her father from her mother’s scolding Sai asked “Is something happened in the function?” In this Mrs. Joshi replied “Do you two remember that there the famous Chavan family came.” both the sisters nodded their head without understanding where the conversation is going. Alka continued “they gav us a marriage proposal.” she stopped to let her girls to absorb the information. 

Sai was shocked ahe thought Virat send a marriage proposal. O my God he should have said it to me first but no he told his family and they talke with my family. I never thought about marriage yet. I need to talk to him that I need some time before marriage thought. Oh thats why he told that we are going to be more than friends. She in her mind thought about her and Virat’s marriage.

Alka continued breaking Sai’s reverie “they said all their family members liked Karishma a lot do they want her to make their daughter-in-law.” Karisma expected this as she being the eldest the marriage talk will start with her but Sai was shocked beyond response. She thought Chavan family liked Di. Virat and Di… oh God I cant imagine this. Thats why he said we are going to be relatives. 

Karishma pushed her a little and said “hey what happened to you?” In her dazed state only Sai uttered “Virat Chavan” her mother said “No, No they asked Karishma’s hand for their eldr son Mohit Omprakash Chavan. He is Virat Chavan’s cousin and 3 months elder than him.” Sai left a breath she didnt know she was holding. 

She gave her 1000 watt smile and said “Oho we are going to be relative of the Virat Chavan. Thanks Di."

Alka smiled and said "don't get overexcited Sai. Karishma we are not forcing you but we want you to think about marriage now. You are 27, passed your MBBS, doing your PG. I think this is the right time to think about marriage and thinking is not a means to get married. 

If you say ok for marriage we will let them know and then you will meet with Mohit and the family. If you like them and feel comfortable then only we will proceed. We will not hurry." Kamal Joshi added "no pressure beta take your time, think about it and let us know." 

At night when Sai was talking with Virat she questioned him why he didn't say her before about the alliance and he said he wanted her to know from her parents. 

They joked and talked but whenever Virat talked about the wedding and being relatives the image of her wearing a heavy bridal dress comes in her mind next to Virat. She tried to push the image from her head but it kept coming back again and again. 

That day she dreamed about her and Virat's wedding and next day when she talked about it with her best friend Akash she realized she fell in love with him. 

Next day Joshi family got a call from Chavan family to know about their opinion but Mr. Joshi said they need time to decide. In the evening finally Karishma said yes and Alka Joshi gave the news to Bhabani. Both the family scheduled a meeting the next day evening.