Chapter 16- Patralekha or Sai ??

2 days later in a hospital of Australia Virat, Rakesh and Minakshi stood in front of a cabin. They can see that inside the cabin a young girl is lying unconscious in the bed and at the door, an elderly man is standing being obstacle in their way.

The man said "why did you people come here? Don't you understand that we want to keep our daughter away from you people? Virat and Minakshi you both are responsible that my daughter is lying there in a hospital bed for 5 years. Why don't you understand I wanted to keep her away from you people? She was adamant to be with you after we clearly declare that we don't like you Virat and want her to leave every relationship with you. And you Minakshi! You tried to help her run away from home from her parents. For you people, do parents matter at all? You Rakesh you followed her like a lost puppy from childhood, don't you understand we don't like you to be more than her friend? To keep our daughter away from you we come here away from India. Still, you come here, I am fade up" the old man stopped finishing his long speech and then started panting.

Minakshi asked "why do you dislike us so much? Virat is a famous businessman today. He has much more prestige, name and fame than any Govt. officer. Rakesh is a Govt. officer as you like. I am a respectable doctor Then still why do you dislike us?" the old man again gets excited "Might be Virat is a big businessman today but still he is a businessman and we don't like businessmen. And Rakesh may be a Govt. officer but still the same age as our Pakhi. We want a mature few years older high ranked Govt. officer like me for my daughter. You will never understand power, uniform, respect."

She again said "Age? Are you serious?" the man again said "what you will understand you get married to a man who is younger than you. How your parents allowed it happily God knows. Now we need to go away from here also" before Minakshi said anything Virat stopped her and said "I came here to bid Patralekha my final goodbye. I will not come or contact again."

All looked shocked towards him only the parents of Paralekha smiled. Before anyone say anything Virat called Sai and a confident Sai come forward. Virat hold her hand and said "She is Dr. Sai Kamal Joshi, my fiance. We are getting married soon so you don't need to worry about me. But Rakesh loves Pakhi a lot, he has done everything to please her and you please consider him."

Patralekha's father observe Sai from head to toe and then asked "what do your parents do? Is your father also a businessman?" Sai smiled and replied, "No, my father is an IPS officer, DSP Maharastra and my Mother is a doctor Head of the Department of Neurology at Nagpur Medical college." Mr. Patil said "interesting both are Govt employees and you are also a doctor?" she replied, "yes Junior doctor at Nagpur Medical college and pursuing MS in cardiology."

Mr. Patil expressed his displeasure "then how your parents agreed to get you married to a businessman? They should have chosen an IPS, IS officer o a doctor for you. Being a doctor from an upper-middle-class family is it okay for you all to be part of a super-rich business family? Is it an arranged marriage?" Sai nodded negatively and he continued "how do parents go with a kid's choice like this? And your family Virat after what happened they should have selected a bride by themselves but no again love marriage!!!" he said all these irritatedly.

Sai smiled "Uncle there is a basic difference between you and our parents. our parents believe in trusting their children and thinking about their happiness. They gave us the freedom to choose what we want in life. Otherhand you have a problem in love marriage in fact you have a problem in letting your child choose for herself. You wanted full control over her life till your last breath like which subject she will study, what she will take as a profession, which skill she should learn etc." here Mrs. Patil said "obviously we choose everything for our Pakhi. why would the children choose while their parents are alive to do that, parents know what is best for their children."

Virat understood that this conversation is not going anywhere and said "I think we should leave now. Are you guys coming?" Minakshi said, "I am also coming, today I feel pity for her that she got this kind of orthodox parent I really don't stand them for a minute anymore." Rakesh stood back till all the insults. On the way back to India Minakshi and Sai bonded well thanks to tier same profession.