Chapter 18 - Parenthood

Virat and sai have celebrated their 3rd marriage anniversary just a few days ago. Everything in Chavan Nivas becomes a big event thanks to their popularity and status but this time kept it low key family-only affair as Sai was busy in the hospital. After her MS and she joined as a Nuro surgeon she become quite famous. Sai sat in a rocking chair of her maternal home to take some rest. For the last few days, she is not feeling well and gets tired with a small amount of work.

She looked inside to see Kaishma, her husband Dr. Anuj and Virat decorating the first-floor hall. Virat is the CEO of Chavan group who will believe that decorating the hall of his in-laws' house to celebrate his mother-in-law's birthday.

The baby in Sai's lap cried suddenly to bring her attention back. She quickly looked towards the baby and cooed her "What happened my darling? why are you crying? Mausi is here with you." the little baby stopped and snuggled in Sai's arms. But soon the baby cried again and Sai said "I think you are hungry and see your Mumma forget about you and is busy decorating for her Mumma's birthday. Chalo let's feed you." Sai walks with the baby to Karishma's room to feed the little one.

At 12'o clock they all celebrated Alka's birthday. She becomes happy to see all her children happy. Bother daughters are established in their professional lives and happiness in their personal life. 6 months after Sai's marriage Karishma also gets married to her senior and famous cardiologist Dr. Anuj Deshmukh. She and Kamal were a little unsure about Karishma's choice as Anuj and Karishma has a huge age gap of 12 years but Virat made them understand about considering the feelings of the couple. Both her sons-in-law are gems, she and Kamal both have retired from their services and now spending quality time with each other. Last year she has become the grandmother of a beautiful girl, Karishma's daughter whom they name Khushi. Now she only wants to see the child of her youngest daughter Sai.

All come to give her gifts after the cake cutting. Kamal ji told, "you always complained that I don't give time to you so thought to take you on a vacation." Karishma and Anuj gifted her a paper where it is said that she has donated some medical instruments to the hospital. Virat gifted her land where she wants to build a free medical camp for underprivileged children and women. After everyone Sai come to her mother and handed her an envelope. Alka opened the envelope with curiosity. There was a piece of paper inside the envelope and as she read the paper her face started to glow with happiness she pulled Sai in her arms and said "My little Sai has grown up finally.' She turned towards her husband and said "Our Sai is going to be a mother, we are going to be grandparents again. This is the best gift."

Virat was looking at Sai questioningly and she hold her ears as she asked forgiveness for not giving him the news first. Chavan house also had a blast of celebration after knowing the fact. They become so happy that they gave the talk of Mohit's wedding a back seat. After finishing culinary school and serving in other hotels Mohit has launched his internationally influenced Indian restaurant 6 months ago and it become an instant hit. So everyone started to talk about Mohit's marriage but he become happy when it took a back seat to the news of the youngest member coming into the family as he wants to concentrate on his business now. He thanked Sai and Virat also.

All pampered Sai a lot. She has been treated like a princess during her pregnancy. Nobody allowed doing any work to her. In the hospital also her friend's juniors and colleagues shared lots of her responsibility so that she can stay relaxed.

Finally, the time come when Sai was taken to the hospital for her delivery. Virat was present there in the labor room as he wanted to be there for his wife while she was enduring so much pain to bring their child into this world. After 2 and a half hours of labor Sai gave birth to a beautiful daughter. When Virat first took his daughter in his arms he become so emotional that he shed tears of joy. They named their little bundle of joy Survi, which means sun and she really becomes the center of attraction in her home. Obviously, it become big news that the business tycoon Virat Chavan has become the father of a beautiful daughter.