Chapter 9- Sai proposed Virat

Sai is not a shy girl. She isn't the kind of girl who waits for a man to propose first when she understands that she fell in love. She is the kind of girl who will herself go ahead and propose herself. Still, she felt hesitant before saying anything to Virat.

Virat is nearly 5-6 years older than her, famous, and had a past relationship. Virat was very much attached to his dead girlfriend and was mourning her death. But she has also noticed his changes in the last few months. She wonders is that she and their friendship effect him and he nowadays smiles more.

She is not worried that he might not feel the same as her and will reject her feelings. It's okay for her that two people don't feel the same for each other but what is worrying her is that their friendship might get destroyed by this development. This friendship made a difference in him and she really doesn't want him to go back to his previous workaholic self.

Now there is another reason to worry, the alliance of Karishma and Mohit. If her proposal goes wrong it may affect the ongoing alliance. So Sai the girl who always rushes to express he feelings and take decisions in a minute took time to express her feelings to the man who captured her heart.

That evening whole Chavan family came to Joshi's house. All of them spend a good time. Elders asked Karishma and Mohit to talk alone. Karishma was not feeling to spend alone time with Mohit so she asked Sai to stay near her. So Virat and Sai sat a while away and have a good chat. Sai noticed Virat's admiration for her and his look toward her. It looked to her that he has a feeling for her too though he is not expressing anything.

Sai finally decide that she will express her feelings to him and will also try to handle the situation if things go wrong. She called Virat at night and said she wants to meet him when he will be free. He said to her that he will free the next day afternoon.

Sai was excited to meet Virat and tell him about her feelings for him. After thinking about it a lot she chose a simple white sleeveless long dress, some silver jewelry, a sling bag, and minimal makeup. She baked a cake and packed it, her mother and sister were not at home so nobody suspected her. For the first time brought a fresh flower bouquet and went to the cafe Vrat chose to meet her. She came sometime earlier to arrange something special.

She asked the manager to deliver special dishes, especially all of Virat's favorites and the cake she bake for him. After half an hour Virat entered the cafe. He looked towards Sai with admiration. Sai was looking beautiful and angelic. He told her "Sai you are looking beautiful." she blushed and smiled.

As she ordered all the food and the cake come. He appreciated her effort in making the day special. As soon as he tested the cake he asked the waiter "is there a new chef in the restaurant. The cake is very nice." the waiter with a smile said "we didn't make the cake, madam brought it." he looked towards Sai and said, "you baked ?" Sai smiled and nodded.

After they finished their lunch Virat said "Now tell me why you wanted to meet me? I don't feel that you called me to have lunch only." she smiled lowering her face with a blush and said, "yes I have an important matter to discuss."

He smiled and said "I understand that it's an important matter as you made the lunch special already." she smiled seeing his words and settle on the balcony of the cafe with two cups of coffee.

She told him "we met nearly 5 months ago. When we met at the orphanage we were strangers. But soon we became friends and this friendship left an effect on both of us. We both changed with time and now we have a good bond with each other. A few days ago when Papa told us about the marriage proposal of the Chavan family's son's for Karishma Di I realize that I do not want you to marry my sister. I feel something special for you.

Soon I realize that you are not only my friend. I feel more friendship for you. After thinking a lot I realized that I fell in love with you. I thought a lot if I should tell you or not but finally decided to tell you that I love you.

It's okay with me if you don't feel the same about me. We can continue being friends then also. I really value our friendship and would like to continue it without awkwardness if you don't feel anything for me.

I know that this will not affect Di's and Mohit Ji's alliance. We will be good relatives if they choose each other."

After finishing whatever was there in her mind she paused and looked toward Virat. Virat didn't interrupt her through this long speech of her and is looking towards her with a wide eye and poker face. It looks like he is trying to digest whatever she said to him.

She again opened her mouth "I think you didn't expect this coming. Please take your time. I am leaving you alone now but I will expect your call."

Saying so she got up from her seat and left the cafe leaving a thoughtful Virat there.