Substitute.

For certain time skips like little ones I'm going to use "~~~"

Your POV:

In sensei Lawrence's absence, things have been different.

"Combat! Atis!" Kreese shouted out as me and shitface threw kicks and punches at each other. He went to throw a kick, but I blocked it by punching his chest, then sending a hard kick to his stomach. "Point." I heard Miguel from behind me as shitface was laying on the ground.

"Hit him again." I looked over at Kreese with a confused glance, this isn't what Sensei Lawrence taught us?

Shitface looks at me, and I look at him. Kreese glared at me while I looked at him. "Do you have a problem with that miss l/n?" He laughed out slightly while his head twisted to the side. I placed my hands on my hips while I looked down at Shit-face.

He was breathing in and out. "A fight isn't over until your enemy is finished. You show your enemy no mercy." His gaze made me uncomfortable, I backed away from them and crossed my arms.

"This isn't what sensei Lawrence has been teaching us. Nor is this something he'd want us to do, he explained that very clearly. We don't fight dirty." My gaze lifted from kreeses face as I looked down.

"Excuse me?" I felt my breath quicken as those words left his mouth, my hands tightened. Panic was spreading across my body. "There's no honor in being merciless. I scored a point. It's over." I responded quickly, even though I was panicking a little.

Everyone looked between me and Kreese. When I looked at him, his face was hardened like someone just embarrassed him. "Sensei Lawrence is right, of course. In a tournament, the fighting stops when you land a point. But in the real world, it's not about scoring points." Kreese has walked closer to me, which was making me uncomfortable.

"It's about being a winner or a loser." He paused. "And there are no losers in this dojo." Kreese was very close to my face and just looked me straight in the eyes. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, and I just got angry. All the fear left my body instantly, it was quickly replaced with anger.

~~~

I was letting out my anger in the back of the dojo, with a punching bag. First was just practicing my kicks, you know, just kicking, but someone interrupted me. "You playing footsie or practicing your roundhouse?" I looked over to see who it was. "Think fast!" Miguel threw something over at me. He walked over and pulled me in for a kiss.

"You okay back here? I know Kreese was giving you a hard time out there." He held my hand and looked me in the eyes, I looked away and down at my feet. "He gives me an uneasy feeling, like I'm always being watched when he's around." I paused for a minute.

"The way he teaches, as well, it's not like sensei Lawrence's teaching." Miguel planted another kiss on my forehead. "Let's just practice." I held up the sparring equipment, and he started kicking it. Then we would switch places.

"Y/n?" I heard someone call out from behind us. "Can we talk?" When I turned around, Tory was standing there. "Sure, I guess." Miguel set down the stuff and walked out the room, leaving me and Tory alone.

"Listen, I'm sure you heard what happened to me and Miguel... he told me you wanted to hear my side or whatever." She looked over at me and I nodded. "I did kiss him first, I just got caught up in the moment and I really didn't mean to. He did pull away, though, he didn't kiss me back."

"So, do you think we can be friends again? I don't like Miguel like that, I swear. When we kissed, I realized that I didn't. I genuinely understand if you would rather not be friends again." Tears were in her eyes, which wasn't common for Tory.