theatrical performance

Oneshot synopsis: April is presenting a play, Donnie decides to help with rehearsals.

Warning: This oneshot may contain spoilers for the musical Heathers. Also this Oneshot will be long, I hope you like it, have a great day, or night or afternoon.

____________________________________________________________

April had given it her all auditioning for the musical her school was producing, when she learned it would be Heathers (her favorite song) she was ecstatic. Initially she had tried to play Heather Chandler, but as incredible as it may or may not depend on who is looking, she was called to play none other than Veronica Sawyer, THE PROTAGONIST! As expected, she was very happy, and was looking forward to singing and dancing as the character.

But the problem started when the boy who would play Jason "J.D" Dean (Veronica's romantic interest / "villain" at the end of the musical), stopped showing up at rehearsals, so because of that some of the songs like Dead girl walking, our love is god and Seventeen (among others) were not fully rehearsed, as they were duets between the two lead actors. This made April angry and upset, many of her colleagues and she were killing each other to make the musical perfect, but that person didn't appear in any rehearsals, it wouldn't be surprising if the understudy, which in this case was Dale, had to play the part. . April wasn't happy about it, Dale wasn't a bad person, but he was... out of tune... and every time they tried to rehearse songs like Dead Girl Walking he would forget the lines and freeze.

"Sunita... I don't know what I'm going to do. If this goes on like this I'm going to go crazy." April told Sunita that she already had the Heather McNamara costume.

"Ah April calm down..." She said looking at the cricket bat "And if Jason doesn't show up there's still Dale." Sunita said trying to help her friend, who was being measured for Veronica's costume.

"That is the problem." April fumed extending her arms and scaring the poor student in charge of making the costumes "Oh sorry..." she said to the girl who had the measuring tape.

Sunita looked at April and placed the bat on the ground, resting her head on her hands

"Don't get me wrong, I like Dale, as a friend. But he sucks as an actor." April said returning the measurement position to fantasy "He keeps forgetting lines, and every time I get close to him, he freezes and stutters when he doesn't forget his line." She muttered tiredly.

"He's only like that because he likes you April." Said the girl who was measuring her.

"She's right." Sunita agreed.

"Stop you two! He also sees me only as a friend!" April said turning a little red, things like that conversation left her confused and frustrated.

As soon as she was released April went to the school cafeteria, she held the play script in her hands, she picked a piece of fruit, she wasn't hungry, in fact she was bothered by the accusations that Dale was in love with her.

"Hey O'Neil!" A voice called, thinking the devil, it was Dale waving with a smile on his face, god he was annoying. "I was wondering if you wanted to come over and practice for the musical?"

April didn't know where to hide, she didn't want to hurt him but he was already getting on her nerves.

"Sorry Dale... but I can't..." The brunette said trying to be cautious "I'll have to take care of my pet..." She made up an excuse.

"Ah maybe tomorrow?" Dale suggested, hoping she would accept.

"I don't know... maybe.... let's see tomorrow. " she said forcing a smile.