a satisfying ending

Oneshot synopsis: Continuation of "dating in secret". Mikey almost blurts out April and Donnie's secret as the two try to keep the box turtle's mouth shut.

_______________________________________

Mikey was slowly going crazy, every time he saw April and Donnie together he almost died to scream that the two were dating, it was too important news to keep a secret.

There were times when he almost spoke, in particular once he said 'you guys look so cute together.' when Donnie gave a taste of a food to April, it is obvious that Raph and Leo looked confused, well in reality April and Donnie were the ones who left the most on display, sometimes walking hand in hand and other April hugging Donnie. For someone who doesn't pay much attention these actions are normal things between friends, but for Mikey who knew the nature of their relationship it was just adding fuel to the fire.

Because of that he avoided being close to the two fearing to fail in the task that became torture for him. That particular night was going to be awful. That night was going to be movie night, meaning the four brothers and April were going to be sitting in the same room in the dark. What's worse, it was Raph's turn to choose, and he did the favor of choosing a romantic comedy movie.

The positions were the usual, Raph on the side of the armchair, Leo propped up on the side of it, Donnie and April on the sofa, and Mikey on the floor in front of the sofa. Even though they always stayed apart, the fact that Donnie and April were sitting next to each other and whispering about the movie seemed like something very romantic in Mikey's mind.

"We're going to make popcorn, do you guys want anything?" April asked as Raph positioned the film inside the old projector.

"I want some nachos." Leo said.

"Got it." April looked at Raph and asked "Raph do you want anything?"

Raph shook his head, trying to focus on not messing up the roll of sensitive film. They took a while to come back, Leo got up complaining about the delay of the two with the food, that would be an easy thing for Mikey to ignore, but he couldn't he ran to stop Leon from arriving in the kitchen.

"Miguel steps aside." The red-eared turtle looked serious, he was hungry "I want my nachos." he said when Mikey refused to leave.

"Sorry, I can not." the box turtle spoke nervously "I can go there and see for you." he muttered nervously.

Before Leo could go into the kitchen Donnie appeared holding two pots of popcorn and April behind with the nachos in her arms and another pot that was for Raph.

"Nardo get out of the way, we have hot food and you're standing in the way." Donatello complained, rolling his eyes.

Leonardo, rolling his eyes, returned to the room, muttering something. April smiled at Mikey who looked even more nervous with the two of them.

The film they were going to watch was: 'Midnight rains - a love through letters', the film was about a woman who, after her husband disappears, begins to receive letters from a strange man, the two begin to exchange letters, the film accompanied the search for the man who writes to her. April and Donnie didn't seem to pay attention, in fact the movie created a good mood between them, Donnie was going to hug April while they watched, that is if Mikey hadn't sat between them, getting a dirty look from Donnie, April and even Leo.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Mikey!" Donnie whispered.

"You and April are showing too much that you are in a relationship!" he whispered louder than his brother.

"AND?" Donnie whispered.

"Can you two stop whispering?! We want to know if Miranda will accept the love letter from Manuel or the secret writer!" Leo spoke irritably.

The two looked, Raph was crying a little and Leo seemed interested in the story, April was too, but for other reasons. Donnie glared at Mikey throughout the movie, which lasted 3 hours, the box turtle broke out in a cold sweat, until he broke out at the end of the movie.

"DONNIE AND APRIL ARE DATING!" he screamed.

"Shhhh Mikey." Leo said.

"And we know." Raph said filling his mouth with popcorn.

Mikey looked puzzled, how come they knew?

"Since when?!" He asked.

"Valentine's Day." Leo replied.

"Wait, you've known all this time and you let me dwell on it for almost a year!" Mikey was starting to get irritated.

"Yeah, we thought it was funny how you went out of your way to keep us from showing PA." April said with a half laugh.

"Besides, we didn't want you to know that you were the last to know." Donnie said patting Mikey on the shoulder.

After that day Mikey swore a 'revenge' against all of him, which was forgotten the next day, but even today Donnie sleeps with his eyes open in fear of what his younger brother might do.