Past

A/N: This oneshot is part of a three-part oneshot, future, past present.

Oneshot: Casey tries to figure out how to keep April and Donnie from ending up like in their universe.

__________________________________________________

Casey Jones tried to avoid seeing or being in the presence of his mother as much as possible, Donnie scared the boy saying that if he interacted with Cassandra, space-time would collapse. Which Jones really didn't want to happen.

He stayed in the turtles' lair, and avoided going out without at least two of them accompanying him. The person he most wanted to accompany him was April, both because she was human and because almost no one questioned the two of them together. The boy was now trying to adapt to technologies, while Leo, Raph, Mikey and even Donnie peppered him with questions, it wasn't often that you could hear about his future.

He tried not to tell them everything, with the excuse that 'it won't even happen so why care?'. That day was like any other day except April came to visit early and like a puppy seeing its owner Casey was excited to see the girl.

"Hi Casey." The brunette said smiling.

"Hi coman- April, hi April." He corrected himself, this wasn't the O'Neil he knew, this wasn't the person who had been scarred by the war

. The four brothers gave the boy a strange look, he felt like he was going to die from the stares.

"And then adapting well to the 'past'?" she asked, with a smile.

April really was beautiful, very beautiful both adult and young, she was surprised, to be quite honest Casey never had the chance to meet the commander, obviously he had seen both her and Donnie, and a few times he interacted with her, but never to stop and talk to Long about life with them, because there wasn't time for that.

April spent the afternoon with them, and after she left, Casey shared a room with Mikey, who lent the boy some pajamas.

"Can I ask you a question Casey?" Mikey said with a smile.

"Clear." Casey said without paying much attention.

"You like April, don't you?" Mikey got straight to the point.

Casey was nervous, yes he liked Commander O'Neil and also April, but in a romantic way, no... he admired her. April was one of the few people the boy could trust, that made him happy, she was a good friend. As the boy thought of an answer, his face grew redder and redder. Which confirmed some of Michelangelo's suspicions.

"Look, it's okay if you like her." Mikey said touching the boy's shoulder "But I want to make one thing clear, you have competition for April's heart."

Ah, he already knew that, unlike Mikey Casey had already seen how it all ended, how each of them died and how each of them lived. Casey made it her mission that none of them ended up like that.

"Oh... No... I don't like April that way." He said, receiving a glare from Mikey in response "Don't get me wrong, April is amazing and yes she is pretty. But not really my type."

"And what's your type?"

"Redhead and freckles." Casey said with a smile.

Mikey wanted to say that redheads in general don't have souls but decided not to comment. Well, if anyone knew if Donnie and April were together it was Casey Jones II, Mikey decided to ask the boy more.

↔↔

Donnie was in his lab, fixing Shelldon which - for a change - had broken again. He tried to get the phrase: 'She will love you until the day she dies' out of his head but he couldn't, part of him wanted to find out who or what 'she' was but another part hoped it was someone else, a girl from dark skin, cloud-fluffy hair, and infectious laugh—as well as cocky and a little mean—Donnie, well, really wanted to be April. But what were the chances?