Sick

Oneshot Synopsis: April is sick, Donnie takes care of her, during a fever spike some things are confessed that could change their friendship forever.

___________________________________________________________

Sunita's arrival at the turtles' lair caused some strangeness, she arrived alone, usually accompanied by a certain animated brunette who threatened to break the ass of anyone who even looked at her.

"Sunita! So...Where's April?" Mikey said pointing to nothing next to the young yokai.

"AH...April got sick, actually that's why I came here." She said scratching the back of her head.

With the noise of the conversation Raph and Leo ran into the room, both curious to understand what was going on.

"Hey Sunita! Where's April?" Leo said putting both hands behind his neck.

"That's what I was just explaining to Mikey." She said trying not to sound tired of being asked the same question over and over again "April got sick, she skipped school today and was in bed. I was going to bring her some homework notes but I have to help my dad with the work, can any of you give it to her?"

"Of course, no problem." Raph said smiling sympathetically.

"Great, thank you very much, here." She said handing over a notebook and some books to Raph "I'll buy you a pizza later." Sunita said before walking away.

The three turtles stared at each other and then at the pile of some books and notebooks, who would go to April's house to take care of her? Mikey suggested the four of them, considering his absent brother as part of the discussion, Raph quickly turned down the idea despite liking it. April's apartment was too small, and it would be worse for her to have four people walking back and forth.

"Okay, so only one of us will go." Leo said "Who will is the question."

Before anyone could volunteer, Donnie, who had slept in the lab - had probably passed out from the bruises on his face - got out. Leo gave a malevolent smile as a plan popped out of his head.

"How about...Donnie?" He said pointing to his twin.

"How about Donnie what?" The soft-shell looked confused.

Mikey, who understood his brother's plan, joined in the fun.

"April is sick and we're discussing who's going to take this pile of books and notebooks to her." Raph said not understanding the glare he received from Leo and Mikey.

"And why does it have to be me who takes it?" Donatello asked now fully awake.

"Actually, my dear little brother, it's quite simple. It's because..." Leo didn't know how to explain why, luckily Michelangelo knew what to explain.

"Why aren't you best friends with April?" Mikey said, Donnie nodded in agreement "So it's your duty as April's best friend to go over there and give her this."

Donnie looked suspicious, Mikey started to think it wouldn't stick, but the soft-shell sighed and picked up the pile of books.

"I'm only going to give it to April because I'm her friend." He said turning around "Unlike you guys who run away from responsibility whenever you can."

Leo grinned, and so did Mikey. As soon as they saw Donnie disappear with the books and notebook he spoke.

"You Miguel are a great partner in crime, you know that?" He punched his younger brother's arm.

Raph looked confused at the two, but decided to ignore it for now.

Donnie tried to be as quick as possible, he wanted to get back to his work as soon as possible. He started trying to be close to April after a few months, as every time he was close to her his heart beat harder against his ribcage and his thoughts - which were normally very organized - got scrambled and he felt extremely stupid.