Future

A/N: Hi, this oneshot will be divided into three parts: future, past and present. I'd also like to warn you that - even censored and contained - this oneshot still has graphic scenes that may make some people uncomfortable. If you are one of them please do not read this part. Thank you, and please take care. And also mentions the Rise Of TMNT movie, if you haven't seen it or don't want any form of spoiler please don't read it.

Oneshot synopsis (part 1): During a time of war even love can blossom, well that's what April and Donnie discovered.

____________________________________________

April clearly remembered how it all started, the last good thing she got was a text from Donnie saying, 'Leo broke my record.'

After that she only remembers chaos, she was at school, it was still morning, the night before an explosion could be heard, a meteor was what they thought. That day had everything to be peaceful and relatively normal, that is until a bus was thrown against the school perimeter. The scenes that will be described and that were seen are extremely graphic and traumatized the girl.

Everyone's ears were filled with the screams of children being hit, tentacles slicing through people like an appetizer before the main course, she remembers the crushed bodies of some children begging for help, of people losing - figuratively and physically - their heads, teenagers, adults and children crying desperately some shouted: 'Forgotten by God!' April was the only one who got out in one piece, she tried to go to the apartment where she and her mother lived, but when she got there she only saw the building, where he lived his childhood, where he grew up destroyed, no sign of her mother.

As soon as she got out of that place she ran to the Turtles for help, it had to stop but they whatever they were were stronger than anything they'd ever fought. everyone lost count of time since the Krang invasion, from the group's efforts resistance was born, there was both Yokai support to help the refugees and human to cooperate, their last concern was the appearance of their heroes.

"Remind me again why April and I need to protect the Hidden City?" Donnie asked leaning against the wall of the secret headquarters.

"Because it is the place with the most people, and another reason: I am the leader and I am in charge." Leo said impatiently.

Leo and Raph took care of Cassandra's help from "new york" or "new Krang" as it was nicknamed, April and Donnie were assigned to protect the place where they had more people Hidden City, against Donnie's protests, but he got used to it. Mikey and Splinter take turns, if they needed a mystical warrior/healer MiKey to the rescue, if they needed a grandmaster and warrior Splinter - albeit a bit rusty - would help.

April and Donnie started to share an apartment half term, obviously this was against Donatello's will, who wanted a laboratory and not an apartment, but due to lack of space and the almost overpopulation of some of Hidden city districts, he surrendered to the idea. The first week was fine, April was better company than her brothers anyway, but when she started taking longer on patrols Donnie got worried and irritated when she showed up with scratches and told him it was nothing. After a while, the two developed a habit of only sleeping when the other was next to them.

Well that's where one of April's good memories came from, it was a relatively normal day, the two had to escort some refugees to the city, many of the citizens and yokai created a large pavilion surrounded by magic to make the city hidden impossible for sight of machines and Krang soldiers.