Chapter Nine: Blue Bird

Rick brought someone into the prison, a woman he saw outside the fence carrying a basket of baby formula, she had dark skin and long braided hair and she carried a large sword.
She told Rick that she saw two people get kidnapped and they left the baby formula, "an Asian guy and a pretty girl," they were taken to a town called Woodbury which was run by "The Governor."

The group decided they had to break into Woodbury and get Glenn and Maggie back.
"Hey," Rick said catching up to Rain and Daryl, "I know what you both did for my baby when I was working things out. Thank you."
"It's what we do." Daryl shrugged,
"You're welcome Rick." Rain replied, "I'm so sorry about... well you know."
"We've named her," Rick said to brighten up the conversation, "Carl chose Judith."
"Oh Rick, that's beautiful." Rain replied,
"I prefer ass-kicker... Shit, get down." Daryl whispered and everyone crouched, there was a herd of walkers coming from the woods,
"Get in formation. No gunfire."
Rain gripped her axe as the walkers approached them, as soon as they were close enough everyone started slashing and chopping. By now they were surrounded, there was too many, they found a gap and ran through into the forest until they found a small rundown barn.
Rain gagged, the smell in there was awful; on the floor, in the corner was a dead dog. The whole barn was starting to creak, walkers where all around it trying to get in. Rick started walking slowly to a small bed which was against the back wall, he cautiously pulled back the comforter to reveal an old man, he sat up instantly.
"Get out of my house!"
"Hey," Rick whispered, "we will, just not right now."
"Now!" The man shouted, "I'll call the Cops."
"I am a cop." Rick replied,
"Show me your badge." the man said, it was as if he didn't know what had been happening for the past year.
Rick slowly reached into his pocket and then he quickly knocked the man back and grabbed him, putting him in a headlock. The man struggled for a second before biting Rick's hand and being released, he ran to the door which was being pounded on by walkers so Michonne slid her sword into his back until it was coming out of his chest. Everyone stared at her in shock as the man bled out on the floor.
Daryl had a plan on how to get out, they picked the man's body up, opened the door and threw him out there to distract the walkers, then the group slipped out the back door.

Finally they arrived at Woodbury, it was hard to see past the large walls made of wood and stacked up tires but it appeared to be what was once a nice neighbourhood, the people here must've defended the place early and just stayed in their homes, it was a smart idea.
Michonne led them past the walls, without getting spotted by guards, and into a weird bunker like building with coragated sheets of metal covering the walls. They could hear someone speaking in the next room telling someone to get on there feet and move. As soon as they came round the corner Rick threw two smoke bombs at the floor infront of them, he then ran in and grabbed Glenn and Maggie from the floor and quickly ran out just before the shooting started. The group found a house and quickly hid in it, now they were in light Rain noticed that Glenn was in bad condition, he was covered in blood like he'd been beaten up and he was gripping his shoulder in pain, "Glenn are you okay?" She said as she sat in front of him on the floor,
"I'll be alright... honestly." he replied, "Daryl!" He then shouted. "This was Merle."
Daryl just stood there speechless for a while before suddenly speaking,
"Hey, if Merle's around I need to see him."
"No you don't." Rain replied and Daryl looked at her angrily,
"He's my brother."
"Look what he did!" Rain shouted pointing at Glenn, "it's sick!"
"No I got to talk to him," Daryl said frantically, "I can work something out."
"You're not thinking straight," Rick said, "we need to get out of here."

Rick opened the door and threw out two more smoke bombs as everyone else got their guns ready. As soon as they stepped out into the street, the guards from the walls spotted them and started shooting. Rain got behind a bush and shot at two of the men, she hit one of them and he fell off of the other side of the wall.
"Behind you!" Daryl shouted and she quickly turned around to see someone shooting from the top floor window of a house on the other side of the street. She took a deep breath and shot at him twice, the first one missed but the second hit him straight in the neck. She then followed the rest of the group into a large doorway which kept them covered, she looked over at Glenn, he was struggling.
"Everyone ready to gun it to the wall?" Rick asked,
"Wait a second." Rain replied, "Glenn are you sure you can do this?"
He was panting, barely able to breath, "Yes," he struggled to get out, "I promise."