Chapter Fifteen: Survivor

"Hey, it's Tara right?" Rain approached the girl with short brown hair she had met at Terminus,
"That's me." She replied,
"I recognise you." Rain said. "You were with the governor when he attacked."
Tara nodded and hung her head,
"He really wasn't the person I thought he was."
"Don't worry, I trust you." Rain smiled and looked back at Glenn and Maggie. "If they trust you then I do."
Tara held her fist out and Rain hesitated for a second before laughing and fist bumping her,
"How did you lose your finger?" Tara asked as Rain pulled her hand away,
"It was shot off." Rain replied. "By the governor actually."
Suddenly there was a shout in the distance and everyone picked up their guns.
They followed the shouts until they found a man surrounded by walkers.
Once they had saved him he told them his name was Gabriel and he was a priest.
"Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick asked the timid man who shook his head,
"The word of God is the only protection I need."
"Sure didn't look like it." Daryl said bluntly and Gabriel laughed,
"I called for help. Help came."
Rick sighed as he pat Gabriel down. "How many walkers have you killed?"
"Not any actually." he replied,
"How many people have you killed?"
"None." Gabriel replied in horror. "The Lord abhors violence."

Gabriel took the group to his church, it was small and wooden and the exterior was painted white. Inside where rows of wooden pews and crosses lining the walls, there was also a grand stash of canned food. Gabriel had said that their annual canned food collection the church did to get food for people in need was completed just before the world ended.

That night the church they lit some candles and pulled tables together, they put out the canned food, paper plates and silverware so everyone could grab what they wanted, like a buffet. It was a good atmosphere, everyone talking and laughing, it felt different to the usual fear that hung thick in the air.
"Here." Rain said handing Daryl a can of chilli that was almost empty, "I saw you didn't have any so I hid it under the table for you."
He smiled and poured the food onto his plate before walking with her and sitting down on the floor infront of one of the seats.
"Wine?" Gabriel asked, he had been walking through offering it to everyone,
Daryl thought back to getting drunk with Beth.
"Nah." He said,
"No thank you." Rain smiled.
As he walked away she looked over to Sasha and Bob who were kissing,
"One more." Bob said as they pulled away and they kissed again.
Rain looked to Daryl and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear but he pulled away,
"Not here." He whispered.
"So where?" She whispered back.
He stood up and walked to the other end of the church, slipping into one of the rooms there, Rain followed.
He lightly backed her against the wall and started to kiss her, she deepened the kiss but he pulled away and kissed all over her cheek and jaw making her giggle,
"Shh." He whispered sternly.
She held his wrist and pulled his hand down to her waist but as soon as she let go he put his hand back on her cheek. Then she ran her finger just underneath his shirt on his stomach, feeling his muscles tense, she pulled his shirt up but he stopped that too so she pulled away.
"Are you okay?" She whispered,
"Fine." He replied. "Is kissing not enough for you." He sounded slightly angry at his last sentence,
"Sorry." she sighed. "I'm happy with just kissing."
"Good." he nodded before pulling her into a hug, she squeezed him tight and he held onto the back of her head and stroked her hair.
"Let's go." he said before pulling away and kissing her once.

They left the room to see Carol stood outside,
"Hey guys." She gave them both a smug smile. "I thought I saw you go in there. What are you doing?"
"Nothing." Daryl said pushing passed her, Rain gave her a giddy smile before walking away too.

The next morning everyone woke to see Daryl and Carol missing and by the end of the day Daryl was back with a boy called Noah. Daryl said he went to Atlanta to find Beth and met Noah who had just escaped from the hospital they had Beth in, they took Carol too.

~

Noah fired three shots into the air and two police officers started to arrest him. Then Daryl, Rain, Rick, Tyreese and Sasha appeared behind them with their guns out.
"You do what we say, we don't hurt you." Rick said and the officers raised their hands, Rain and Daryl took their weapons and checked them for anything else before tying their hands behind their backs.
Suddenly a car came squealing round the corner and everyone started to shoot at it, the car stopped and the two officers got in before driving away.
The group ran after them.
As she was running Rain looked behind her,
"We've lost Daryl." She said,
"Everyone keep going," Rick said stopping, "I'll go back for him."